Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've got one of these alerts come up on my Multi Function Display this morning.

What does it mean?

Thanks,
Gaz

C

·
0 Posts
Hi guys

I've got one of these alerts come up on my Multi Function Display this morning.

What does it mean?

Thanks,
Gaz
Cars got a fault and you need codes read to give an idea of what's wrong with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry - its a generic description for a fault in the anti-pollution system....

There are a number of suspects, but please use the map to find a member near you with Planet to properly diagnose it and point you ( us..?? ) in the right direction..:thumb:

You could spend £££s replacing parts that don't need replacing just to stumble across the bit thats duff, so beer-money diagnostics from someone on here is the way to go..

·
Registered
17 Posts
get it diagnosed by using a SVDI PSA Commander

Sorry - its a generic description for a fault in the anti-pollution system....

There are a number of suspects, but please use the map to find a member near you with Planet to properly diagnose it and point you ( us..?? ) in the right direction..:thumb:

You could spend £££s replacing parts that don't need replacing just to stumble across the bit thats duff, so beer-money diagnostics from someone on here is the way to go..
SVDI PSA can diagnose that,it is newly released device for Peugeot 307, a replacement for FVDI PSA.i know someone bought it not long ago,it's good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only bought the car last week and presumed the 'dealer' would wash his hands of it - so I posted here.
But - surprise surprise - the 'dealer' might just come good!
It's only fair that I give him a chance to fix it first (I don't expect a major repair bill on a car that's done less then 24k miles).
I've a feeling I'll be back!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But back to my 'Anti-Pollution' alert.....

It's gone. I went out last night and I no longer have a warning.

I guess this is good and bad? It can't be a failed sensor or cat or injector or similar - failed things tend not to spuriously 'un-fail' themselves! That's the good bit.
The bad bit suggests to me I have an intermittent electrical fault somewhere - a dry joint; an oxidised connector; a bit of moisture....
Hands up everyone who likes searching for an intermittent fault!

As I've lost the warning, is there any point in getting it plugged into a diagnostic system now?

C

·
0 Posts
As I've lost the warning, is there any point in getting it plugged into a diagnostic system now?
Yes, as the fault will still be recorded on the ecu until erased and will give an indication of what to look at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts