Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car (money pit) back from the garage after having the geaxbox changed, and now the engine management light is on. Its been put on a diagnostic machine, P0191 fuel pressure too high.

The mechanic thinks its either the rail pressure sensor or the wiring harness but isn't sure, he would need to fit new parts to find out, £250 inc fitting.
He did notice some damage to the connector on the wiring harness (cracked plastic), would this cause the fault ?

Can I just ignore the the warning light? I don't really want to spend any money on it. Its cost me over a grand this year.

If I can find the parts in a scrappy & fit them my self, assuming I manage to fix it, will the anti pollution message disappear or will It need deleting.

Thanks for your help

Stu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

The mechanic also said that the sensor can go 'open circuit'. can I just check the continuity ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a nosey under the bonnet and found 2 wires that look like they have worn through, which seems a bit odd. Before I get to excited, is there any reason why the garage may have cut the wires to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just had a go at repairing the broken wires, But the EML is still on and the anti pollution message is still showing on the dash.

Does the fault need clearing from the memory? or the the fix not work ?

Please Help!

·
11,780 Posts
Yes, it will need clearing but it should clear itself after a few start cycles.

I'd get the fault cleared by someone on here with Peugeot Planet, then run a diagnostic check to see if your fix worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts