Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has this. Stays on for a few days, then goes off sometimes part way through a journey.

The car only drives short journeys, so i just wondered if it needs a good run out or some diesel clean additive to clean the engine out a bit

PP2000 doesn't really tell me a great deal and i know the causes could be numerous

Just wondered if this rang a bell with anyone

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has this. Stays on for a few days, then goes off sometimes part way through a journey.

The car only drives short journeys, so i just wondered if it needs a good run out or some diesel clean additive to clean the engine out a bit

PP2000 doesn't really tell me a great deal and i know the causes could be numerous

it should bring up some fault codes

·
5,669 Posts
As above you need the codes read, what is happening is some kind of driving is triggering a fault and putting light on.

Then the next journey the fault does not appear (Greater than 10 min driving as car needs to get up to normal operating temp to be classed as a journey by ecu).

Dependant on fault type ECU will log fault as intermittent and put light out after 3-5 good journeys. If the fault returns cycle starts again

·
Registered
4 Posts

i had this found dpf was nearly blocked and fluid was low,, i ended up going down the knock the dpf filter, switch off dpf circuit on ecu, bearing in mind the mot is a visual check,, i can now drive car at low revs everywhere gets 55-60 mpg out of 307 2.0hdi 136bhp,, totally different car to drive now really revs well,, cost wise cost £150 for ecu work and 2 hours of time knocking out filter and cat,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts