Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering if anybody could shed some light on recent diagnostic results from my 307 2.0 hdi SW 136bhp, and what the actual problem may be. The following all give the cat upstream temperature as 0 degrees c

P0470
P0471
P0495

I think it was P0459 that returned after clearing the faults. Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I ran the diagnostic and apart from a steering wheel angle sensor problem and the ever present P1351 error, all the other erros show the Cat upstream temperature as 0 degrees. My guess would be the upstream sensor is fubar or maybe a wiring issue but never had any personal experience of this error. It's a 2.0l 136 bhp engine. Looks like the cat is at the back of the engine so could be a pain to get to.

Anyone with any knowledge who could shed some light please feel free to contribute :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also do you think the issue is with the gas temperature sensor or the particulate filter pressure pipe? Thanks ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like mines the first one... typical! Which sensor do you think would be at fault? I'm guessing 1? Thanks again Rob and Jimmy.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Number one is the sensor in question, although number 2 could be a candidate. You could always try eliminating number 2 first - if it does turn out to be this sensor, then you will have saved yourself the trouble of getting to sensor 1. However, with the upstream temp showing 0 deg, I'd be looking at the chewy sensor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just contacted Peugeot it's £102.48 Inc vat... Ouch! Thought sensors weren't that expensive! Ah well hopefully solve the issue. Thanks again for the help! ?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Lots of sensors on ebay for less than £30 frrom seemingly reputable sellers if you can find the right one. £103 would be a bit pricey for my educated guess. Would want to try a cheaper version and if it works, even if it only works for a couple of weeks then at least you can then buy the official one knowing the money won't be wasted. If it doesn't solve the issue then it's not too much to have lost

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've ordered a replacement sensor, and upon locating the sensor on my car i've noticed that the one on my car is not connected to the main loom? I've tried looking for the connection on the loom but can't find one anywhere. Has anybody got any ideas? cheers :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts