Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am driving a Peugeot 307 2.0 16S XS petrol automatic first registered April 2004. And I have a problem.

From time to time the "Anti-pollution fault" shows up. On a long and fast journey (on a motorway, for example) this is followed by "Catalytic Converter" error then shortly after "ESP/APR not working". The car loses power and judders. The engine icon flashes and the ESP icon is lit. During the journey (it seems to me) the catalytic converter fault goes off (the engine icon becomes fixed) and then comes back (3 pings, icon flashes again).

The problem is that this is an intermittent fault(s). First time I took it to a garage there was no fault showing and they said they could not find anything.

The second time I took it to a garage I managed to do it with the anti-pollution fault showing, but not the other two. They connected their computer and agreed. They replaced the spark plugs and a "bobine" (coil?). Today those faults are back. They may well not be tomorrow.

I should explain I live in France, and know nothing about cars. How you guys get all those readings I see in similar posts I have no idea! I am however very worried. I had a fault on a Peugeot 206 which no garage managed to fix and it eventually died. I really, really don't want this to happen again.

I would be grateful for any input but please bear in mind I am NOT technical.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi.
Was it a dealer you took your car to? If there are faults the dealer computer will read them. Have you had software updates performed on the engine ecu and gearbox ecu?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

D

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Answers come fast here :)

Yes, it was a dealer I took the car too. That's an interesting comment about the fault being logged - must get my dictionary out so I can explain this to the garage:)

Software update? Certainly not since I have had the car (since 2008 September). How can I tell if it was done before?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
If they give the car a global scan and no faults show up but the light on dash have been on , then the dealer should know to check the faults log in the BSI , problem with some dealers is you can get a young guy or someone who isn't bothered that just gives it a quick scan and says there's nothing wrong come back when it's worse,
In dealers now it's all about time and money , only rarely will you get someone like David who will go that little extra to check the cause .

D

·
0 Posts
Well its my job and i need it to pay the mortgage. If i do well the company do well therefore i keep a job.

Anyway enough about me. The car needs to be scanned for faults in a decent dealer and let them fix it or post the faults up here and we can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right. I know now some questions to ask the garage man/dealer - that's half the battle really. Just one thing what is BSI (so I can translate it- you know the French, they love acronyms but they are usually all backwards, like UNO is ONU in French).

Oh, and a second question: I see people here have been posting their own readouts? How is this done? Do you need special hardware or is there software that connects to the car (via a special cable of course)? Is it something I could do?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Where is France are you? If its Brittany I have a Lexia and could read it for you the dealers here are worse than the UK way more expensive too :nono:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a kind offer Rbaz. but I fear I am far too far away. I live in a small village called Burgaronne in the Pyrenees Atlantiques. Interested in what you say about dealers here in France, but armed with the information I have got already from this forum I am going to the garages I know and putting a few questions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Catalytic converter fault

OK I know this is an old post but it is exactly the problem I am getting. Actually i got the Anti-pollution fault solid for a while just after i got the car. the dealer i bought it from took it to their mechanic and they took 2 or 3 tries to fix it. Now, 12 months later that Anti-pollution thing comes back, after being there for a week it has now come up with the Catalytic Converter fault and is sputtering.
i wouldn't mind knowing how to get the diagnostics and logs myself. Is there any particular software and connection i can get so that I can do this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.