Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks for having this forum. After reading through some of the posts I think I may have faith in my car getting fixed :thumb: and it seems I need to contact deadmansfinger to have my car looked at as I currently have the dreaded anti pollution fault appearing on my dash where I'm unable to reach over 60mph, limp mode indeed! :lol:

I have to pick up some family members from the airport and driving home on the motorway is not the safest road to be on when artics can take over you and are flashing their head lights at you because you are making them slow down :eek:

If possible, could one of the mods/admin get in touch with him and if i could get details on how to contact him? :)

Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Can anyone help me sort this problem as I really need someone to take a look at it :thumb:

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
I thought deadmansfinger's pp was dead after his mate shut it in the car door :confused:

But there could be good news on the horizon, there is a nice shiny new lexia kit sitting beside my wife as Santa is bringing it, just need to fill her with Vodka then she might relent n let me have it early. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
You did in the planet map thread, but new members will still be trying to feel their way around the forum so I mentioned it in here.

I get my car back tomorrow from the garage, if the misses relents, I think she will :whistle: I could be on the planet map by the weekend. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi.
I know there are lots of possible reasons for de-pollution system faulty, but one reason I know for sure is a clogged fuel filter.
I had this problem on my 307 1.6 HDI 110, and limp mode is really terrifying on the motorways.
Dealer that I bought my car from eventually traced it there, after initally replacing the fuse box.
It should have been replaced 6k earlier, at 36k service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought deadmansfinger's pp was dead after his mate shut it in the car door :confused:

But there could be good news on the horizon, there is a nice shiny new lexia kit sitting beside my wife as Santa is bringing it, just need to fill her with Vodka then she might relent n let me have it early. ;)
I'll buy you the bottle of voddy to help speed it along :thumb::)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello to all clever people who might be able to offer some advice for my pug. Anti pollution fault came up a few weeks ago, then went, then came back on, then went, etc. Bought some particulate filter cleaner from Halfords, all fine for 5 days then the anti pollution fault came back. When it first comes on i have a lack of power, but then after the next start not too bad. Oh and yesterday it lost power twice. Please help. I'm to big to drive my wife's Picanto all the time!!

D

·
0 Posts
hello to all clever people who might be able to offer some advice for my pug. Anti pollution fault came up a few weeks ago, then went, then came back on, then went, etc. Bought some particulate filter cleaner from Halfords, all fine for 5 days then the anti pollution fault came back. When it first comes on i have a lack of power, but then after the next start not too bad. Oh and yesterday it lost power twice. Please help. I'm to big to drive my wife's Picanto all the time!!
Your car doesn't have a particle filter to start with. Get a diagnostic check done. Post faults up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 hdi anti pollution light

before anybody does anything just change your fuel to higher octane,i filled up with tesco diesel and from there my anti pollution warning came on,had visions of exaust/cat/turbo/all sorts,when all i needed was shell v power diesel fuel to put things right,hope this helps somebody,.

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 2.0hdi 90bhp

I have anti pollution warning on my dash any ideas how to fix , I’ve changed air and fuel filter and still the same , can I give in a blast down the motorway to sort it

·
Registered
296 Posts
You really need to put it on planet to find out what is causing it. My anti-pollution is on all the time but I have no loss of power. Planet says it is the egr valve but all the while it is not affecting the performance I am going to leave it alone. Fuel consumption is good and the MOT man (well the equivilentin France) said that as long as the light is out when he checks it he will pass it. So I just turned it off before taking it into the garage and it passed. The light came back on, on the way back from the garage. Incidendally, the pollution readings on the MOT were within limits.
I wonder if changing to higher grade deisel would help mine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi guys, I shall share my recent experience of my "Anti Polution fault" on my 2001 307 HDi 90 - 167K . Bosch fuel system.
My car showing the "Anti Polution Fault" swen't into limp mode and started to cut out when going down hills ???
Diagnostic scan indicated low fuel pressure , looking around for info on the web pointed to the common rail pressure sensor, £170 from Peugeot but can be had for half that on flea bay, now not being keen to spend that on an elderly car I consulted a couple of my mechanic friends individualy , and both said that before spending any money on sensors that I should first change the Fuel filter and also check that the fuel lines from the tank were clear. Having done both I then took the car for a road test , still in limp mode as the fault codes hadn't been cleared but it seemed to go somewhat better , when I came to hill the engine died, remembering that at the bottom of the hill there was an old farm which was being used by a young mechanic as a Garage so I decided to give him a visit , fortunately he possesed a Diagnostic handheld which showed the Fuel Pressure faults as well as something open or short circuit ! while having a look arund in the engine bay the mechanic asked had I done anything to this plastic thingy , I replied "No" and at the same time noticed that an electrical plug connected to it looked unsecure. the plug was reinserted , codes cleared and all is well since.picture attached . The offending part is a fuel heater/valve fitted for colder climes.:eek:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts