Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fault now appears every morning - but strangely not in the afternoon when I travel back from work. Turn off and restart in the morning and it goes away until the next morning.

I've had a look at the top of the engine - there are small pools of diesel next to the injectors.

There's a connector that goes into each injector (leak off I think it's called). When I press one of them, I can see diesel ooze out around the connector - not so much as to dribble out, but I can see diesel around it.

So, I'm assuming the leak is lowering pressure to the injector and causing the pollution fault.

Are these connectors cheap to replace, or am I deluding myself and in fact it's time to get a new vauxhall?

Ta

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I can tell yes - I cleaned up the diesel and looked at the pipes with the engine running - but couldn't see any diesel dribbling out.

I pushed in one of these leak off connectors and could see diesel between it and the injector body. I could tell this because putting pressure on the connector made the diesel squeeze up past the bottom of the connector.

One of them popped out when I first got the car - I was just wondering whether they have a limited lifespan?:confused:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta

I'll have a go at that.

I've seen some metal connectors on fleabay - the current ones are plastic - if it works is it worth replacing the plastic with the metal?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'll have a go at squeezing the clips - weather permitting. It's been passing down all day here in sunny North Wales.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick update - nice weather today, so lifted up the bonnet.

Two of the connectors are white (look original) others are black - so probably replacements.

Anyway, it's definitely the third injector, the diesel is pooling around this injector.

I carefully removed the securing clip - bent it, in accordance with instructions, and upon attempting to replace it, it flew off and went into the engine somewhere:mad:.

After uttering some expletives:eek:, I scoured the engine and floor and gave up after 10 mins. There's now a bent paper clip holding the connector in place. Not ideal but the car still drives. No anti pollution fault has come up yet:thumb:.

At least I now know that it's a cheap fix and can order the parts. I'm going for a new full set - it looks like they have played up in the past.

Could be worse, a friend of mine with a relatively new volkwagen diesel broke down whilst on hol's - engine oil getting into the diesel. So it appears the volkswagen reputation for reliability may not be as some would have you believe.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks storeman. Managed to get them for £1.60 each - from a guy on ebay. I emailed him and he sent me an ebay link. He needs to change the description - I would never have found them through searching ebay.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dave thanks for the 'steer' on this - put in new connector last night - no more leaks or anti pollution fault - top man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts