Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving my van this morning, it was damp cold and raining (drizzle to heavy)

was doing about 20 miles per hour and the car just seemed to lose power

the management light ( the light at the bottom of the rev counter) came on so I pulled up, turned engine off and checked the engine, no funny smells, no leaks, everything looked fine

so got back in car, and turned engine on, the dash read Anti pollution Fault, and engine light stayed on, so when I pulled off the van driven normal, but engine light stayed on, got home about 1 mile away, turned engine off, turned it on again, dash didn't read any thing, but engine light stayed on

any ideas

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
when I pill away, antipollution fault flashed on dash

only just had a mot on it 3 weeks ago,

also, I put £15 worth of diesel in it before I went for the drive, as it was in the red

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you want a 'cheap try and fix it' idea then change the fuel filter, but i think you'll probably find it more likely to be a blocked dpf (if it has one).
Oh, and check your fuel receipt, make sure you didn't put petrol in it :D

Only way to be sure(er) is to plug it into Peugeot Planet for a diagnostic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its working now, left it for 2 hours, got back in van and had all gone, no signs on dash, lights gone out, so took it to my mate who has a computer (didn't find out till I had spent a fortune trying to fix an other problem) no probs on it, so no idea what it was

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
An antipollution fault comes on for any fault to do with fuel or turbo or egr airflow meter etc etc its a standard thing and on its own does not mean much :)

It should have logged a fault though so if it comes on again get it checked properly using Peugeot specific diagnostic equipment not GUCCI snap on stuff :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
One of the more experienced people on here may correct me but I think that if a fault occurs just the once the display will tell you at the time what the fault is and the light will come on. If the fault clears itself (or doesn't reoccur) for the next few journeys - I think it's four, the the light will go out.
That is what seems to be currently happening on my 307 with an intermittent fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts