Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well at the beginning of this month my car passed the MOT, However it had a minor exhaust leak which i decided to have welded a few weeks ago.

As the Leak was at the top near the supporting bracket My welder couldnt acess it so i had to take off the catalytic converter ( Absolute nightmare job).

Well he welded it up and did a good job and then fitted the Cat back to the car.

I have been driving around normally since then until Tuesday when i decided to get some petrol as my low fuel warning light was on. I put petrol in and drove about a mile then all of a sudden i get an Anti Pollution warning.

I went to go out in it yeaterday and now a catalytic converter fault aswell. The car is juddering like crazy keeps stalling and is very noisy. In fact i had to check the exaust was still connected Lol! but it looks fine and feels tight.

Tomorrow i will have jack it up to have a look for anything obvious. I suppose it must be something to do with the cat I have just had fixed? But it seems strange it only happened when i put fuel in... Could it be dodgy petrol?

Any help and advice on how to fix this would really be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Stres

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

ive still not fixed this yet and cant afford to take it to a garage to get it diagnosed.

Am able to swap the oxygen & lambda sensors around to test if its a faulty lambda sensor? i know the connections are different colours but the both look the same

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks

Stres

·
11,766 Posts
How about a Pug Planet diagnostic? The should tell you if the sensor is faulty or at least point you in the right direction.

If its happened after work done I'd put it down to things either not being put back properly or damaged during refit.

Of course it could all be co-incidence and something else may have failed causing the problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Unfortunately at the moment i cant even afford to get it diagnosed on a cheap diagnotic machine let alone a peugeot planet one lol

Also its running very rough because of the fault and it probabaly wont even get me to the garage as It keeps cutting out. I keep having to recharge my battery because of all the restarting :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All,

Well i changed the bottom Lambda sensor yesterday but it didnt make any difference and i still have the engine management light on.

so today i finally had my car Put on the diagnotic machine at kwik fit, they said it was £35 but if they didnt fix the fault they wouldnt charge so i ended up paying nothing.

Unfortunately there is a list of fauts which is quite big. heare they are

P0264 - Injection valve [cylinder 2] signal too small

P0300 Random/multiple cylinder misfires detected

P0141 O2 sensor heater [bank 1 sensor 2] circuit malfunction

P0135 O2 sensor heater [bank 1 sensor 1] circuit malfunction

Is anyone able to tell me how to fix this or is the car had it?

If i change the coilpack willl it run properley

I only changed the bottom lambda sensor yesterday and it looks as though its reading a fault

Any help is really appreciated i really need to get the car running if i can and cant afford a new one .

Thanks

·
11,766 Posts
Hi All,

Well i changed the bottom Lambda sensor yesterday but it didnt make any difference and i still have the engine management light on.

so today i finally had my car Put on the diagnotic machine at kwik fit, they said it was £35 but if they didnt fix the fault they wouldnt charge so i ended up paying nothing.
Hmm, I can't help thinking that if you'd contacted someone on the Pug Planet map first you could have had the same thing done and you wouldn't be the cost of a lambda sensor down.

theblob
elmafudd

Both in Leicester.

As for Kwik Fit - unless they're using Peugeot Planet or Diagbox and LEXIA equipment, I would get a second opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts