Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I just had my spark plugs changed yesterday and today my dash board isshowing anti pollution fault and catalytic converter fault, would this have anything to do with the change in spark plugs? Please help

·
Registered
792 Posts
It could be linked if the combustion is not right due to wrong plugs. How is the engine's behaviour? Is it running as smooth as before?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hello guys, I just had my spark plugs changed yesterday and today my dash board isshowing anti pollution fault and catalytic converter fault, would this have anything to do with the change in spark plugs? Please help
Anti pollution fault is the most anoying fault on a Peugeot. It is all the faults that they didnt know what to do with, they just put them there.
Get faults read out using Lexia/diagbox.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Often and certain error if catalytic convertor missing or bad. Buy an OBDII reader and find out/delete errors by yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 207cc (2007) 1600turbo which I bought unseen in an online auction pretty cheap mainly for the fun roof. It had the engine light on and ran v rough at low revs, anti pollution fault light on. Previous owner had over-filled the engine oil but I don't know if that was the cause of the electronic mayhem. Anyway, I pulled the fuse out to reset the ecu, which helped a lot, but it always reverted eventually so out with the yellow No 1 fuse again. A recidivist. I had the codes read, lots of, but baffling. Then one morning it was truly really rough, worst ever, but then suddenly came good. Holy crap! No more engine light, no more bad news anywhere, and it's been behaving like a normal car ever since, touch wood. So you never know. My theory is that all Peugeots for export get a special little bug in the software as a sort of Gallic middle finger.

If in doubt reset the ecu by pulling the fuse before you pay anybody. I read an article titled "The world's ten worst engines", and there was mine, No 5. Same engine as in the Mini Cooper S of the time. But now I like mine. And that roof! Sorry to ramble on and probably off subject too, except that Peugeot electronics are a minefield for all here I see. I'm in Australia and the nearest dealer is 500 km away, next after that is 3000, which is probably a good thing and saved me lots this time, not getting there.

My general advice is don't buy a peugeot unless it's really cheap and you fell in love with the roof. In fact anything French, even the wine is crap. Bon voyage!

·
8,463 Posts
Anti pollution fault is just the generic message the PSA use no different to any other manufacturers engine fault or similar message

The engine is very fragile it was joint designed with BMW so used in a variety of vehicles such as the mini so you cannot just single out Peugeot you can have the same issues with many other brands.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are perfectly correct. Too often I make the mistake of leaving out 'LOL' or otherwise indicating humour. My apologies. France also produces many fine wines. Now that my own Peugeot has apparently sorted itself out in some mysterious way I find it is excellent for my purposes, and has many computerised good features.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Perhaps a blockage in the exhaust cleared then. Remember to give the engine a good long thrash now and then to help keep the flow through the exhaust or replace the box!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts