Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me the fastest way to drain some water out so i can add anti freeze on a 307 hdi 2 litre

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gibbo,you could be right but have not got a lot of time to do full drain at the moment ,but thanks for replying

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tiptronic for replying i think i will be doing this as i have not got a lot of time at the moment,to do a complete drain

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice matt268uk i think this is the best option as i have not got a lot of time to do a complete drain

J

·
0 Posts
Why do you want to drain out water and put antifreeze in? The mixture should have been added in at a 50:50 mix when being replaced, so shouldn't need just an antifreeze topup :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just bought car and checked anti freeze showed that it was not very strong and did not want no trouble over the winter months

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had my timing belt/water pump/coolant changed 20,000 miles ago. How often should the coolant be flushed....

Going to pick up one of those antifreeze dilution testers, have seen some only do certain types of antifreeze. If I did have to top it up, how do I know which antifreeze I should put in as I dont have a clue what my mechanic used at the time.....

J

·
0 Posts
Incidentally, does anyone change the brake fluid every two years? :)
Had it changed at first service after buying the car, but whether I'll do it every 2yrs is another point.... on the plus side, it is a relatively cheap one to do :nod:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had my timing belt/water pump/coolant changed 20,000 miles ago. How often should the coolant be flushed....

Going to pick up one of those antifreeze dilution testers, have seen some only do certain types of antifreeze. If I did have to top it up, how do I know which antifreeze I should put in as I dont have a clue what my mechanic used at the time.....
The way I understand it from having a disscussion the other day in class at college, there's no difference between anti freeze apart from what colour its dyed with. Thats why you get like pink, blue, green... whatever takes their fancy. Blue in the most common.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts