Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a google for some answer's but found nothing that really helps.

How much anti freeze is needed for a pug expert tepee 1.6 hdi 2009 (in ltrs) i found it at halfords pink in colour but no mention of how much is needed and we have a cold one tonight :mad:

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
There is no correct amount it is down to how much protection you need
The colder it gets the more you need i generally put 2 litres of undiluted antifreeze in and top up with antifreeze as needed.

Problem with antifreeze is it can soften the coolant pipes over time so best not to go too mad with it :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You should keep a 50/50 mix in your cooling system year round, and use a quality brand specifically suitable for your vehicle. Like lubricating oil the days of one size fits all are long gone.
Antifreeze does much more than simply prevent the block from freezing up. It contains inhibiting agents to protect against electrolytic erosion, something which will always occur when dissimilar metals such as cast iron and aluminium are sharing a conductive media with current passing through it.
You should flush out and replace it from time to time as well, normally between three and five year intervals.
I'm not saying if you don't follow this meticulously your engine will self destruct, but it will certainly help maximise engine life.

In your case I suggest 2 1/2 to 3 litres will do the job.

Roger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts