Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and HELP!!!

I've searched and search for the solution to this problem and have just taken my 1.4 petrol 57 plate estate to the garage for the warning fault. At first they seemed to say they could get this fixed and now they have given me my car back saying they are unable to help. Diagnostic did not pin point fault and they are saying its to do with the timing belt and some other things which I'm unsure of what they meant. can anybody who has had this fault please tell me in what direction I should go with it....

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Honey00 whereabouts are you as I have just got the pp2k up and running? Did the garage not give you a print out of the recorded faults. If not go back and ask for a free copy as you have already paid them for the work on your car and so the readout belongs to you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly as I found out later. They didn't charge me as I guess they just didn't understand what their findings were, I would have paid for a report but the garage in question seems to have a poor history and worse attitude. I'm in South Shields.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Maggie supporters Ill bet!
I do visit my sister in West Rainton now and again and am due a visit. I could come up next weekend if that will suit you.Let me know if that will be OK. I have a nephew I will be visiting in South Shields on the Saturday 25 if that suits. He lives in Honeysuckle Avenue post code NE340BJ Sunday early but that will be in Rainton will be a second chance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
madbadandold

Driving my car (in fear) thanks for your help Cmor never replied. Would be great if you could help out, have you had this fault before and would the checks confirm what I need to do. Can see Honeysuckle is just up the road from where I live in shields.
unable to private message you.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Use my email :- [email protected] to contact me with anything you do not want the forum to know i.e address etc.
I have a diesel 307 1.4 HDi but the reader will read your car and display all fault messages. These then have to be interpreted into what's relevant to the defect or not. It can do live data too which is read parameters of the engine when it is running. Please have full history of the car that you know about to hand as every bit of info is useful. I will bring the Haynes manual with me to.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
madbadandold

Driving my car (in fear) thanks for your help Cmor never replied. Would be great if you could help out, have you had this fault before and would the checks confirm what I need to do. Can see Honeysuckle is just up the road from where I live in shields.
unable to private message you.
You need to get it on planet/diagbox to read the codes and have a look at live data have a good read of the link below it explains a lot of stuff like how to contact a member with the relevant equipment needed http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New warning and really not driving it now

On way home and new warning "STOP Oil pressure too low". So it's off the road for now. Will email you. Big thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I would be checking battery condition [load test], charging rate, all battery + and - connections [ground connections from battery->body->motor] and check all fuseboxes for corrosion/water, esp the one in the engine bay. Your seeming multitude of faults is pointing more to an electrical fault than a mechanical one.

But do get madbadandold to do a full scan after checking through all the above, clear faults and rescan and do live readings too, just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
As WillNZ explains it could be a electrical problem but first thing to do to give you some peace of mind is to check your oil quantity in the sump. Park it on a flat piece of road. Preferably engine cold pull and wipe the stick, refit and pull and ensure it reads full on the mark. Do not overfill. Check your handbook to see the marks. Sorry, I am assuming you are not mechanically minded. If it sounds that I am teaching you to suck eggs I apologise!
If you cannot/don't want to move the car when I come up then you can drop me your address by PM and I will come round yours as you seem to be near my nephew.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts