Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, 307 dturbo '03 2.0l, 110 rhs, hi, erm, few questions about the sqeaking clutch. when i engage my clutch and release for first gear i get that squeak that ive read so much about. also every time i change gear i get a little squeak too....sometimes when im holding the cluth (i.e. on a hill) and go to pull off it makes a wierd noise like a deep screech. Now im savvy enough to know about clutches and the like but what i wanna know is how do i know if i need to change the flywheel. Yes it's dmf and no i dont get alot of vibration from it. in fact apart from the squeaking, and the pedal actually bites a little high, the clutch is fine. How do i know whether to spend £300 on clutch + fw or just whatever the cost is for the clutch kit...bout £100 on ebay...im doing it myself so dont need to go to a stealer or anything. Any pointers here would be appreciated......:thumb:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sounds like a thrust bearing, the symptoms (see Stevoxi's woes) are exactly the same as my son suffered on his 106 - his involved the whole clutch kit and thrust bearing carrier because the idiot left too long. I would suggest you change the DMF at the same time - My experience is that Peugeot ones are cheaper than after market ones.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Yeah the clutch kit for my '03 110hdi was cheaper from Peugeot themselves.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's guys but its the flywheel im pondering. if the release bearing has gone well thats nothing to do with the fly wheel so would changing the fly wheel just be a waste of money......would a new clutch on an old flywheel give later complications....cheers for the feedback.....:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Go solid, flywheel and clutch kit = £285 all in for me. I've literally just mentioned this in another thread haha!

Anyway yeah, that's what I did on my 307.

If you're not getting vibration you have a few months left.

When the guy replaced mine, he said the flywheel was in top nick, just the clutch was badly worn.

·
Registered
535 Posts
would a new clutch on an old flywheel give later complications....cheers for the feedback.....:thumb:
No, probably not but Dual Mass Flywheels are a weak point and best avoided or replaced as part of a job that requires access to that area - JazzJPH's suggestion is a good one. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts