Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the airbag warning light is on, and i have 'airbag fault' (very descriptive lol) on mutli function display. i have checked the wires under the seat and they seem to be ok.
on its mot last month it failed on the horn not working, which was then fixed. after some reading on this forum and others i am left wondering if my problem is related to comm2000, is this possible? as looking at previous mots the horn seems to be a long running problem on and off. the airbag light was on the car when i purchased it so sadly i dont know when it began. i dont really know what a comm2000 is so any help on that would be good too.
ive already had diagnostic tests and was not given codes to help fix it. to be honest i dont want to have to pay for more tests at a garage as most dont seem to be very helpful.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the comm2000 unit is the bit behind the steering wheel which has all the stalks going to it. The steering wheel airbag is also connect to/through it, so yes the horn not working could be related.

Did the airbag light only come on after the horn was fixed?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure i brought the car two weeks ago and then found out about the horn via a mot.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You need it plugging into planet mate , look on the Planet Map to find whi is closest to you.

Call me a sceptic but was the horn really fixed? (It happens after 20 years in the trade :D ) It worked when it left here etc etc especially if the tester is a mate of the seller.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure if the horn was broke before hand i never had a chance to use it. as it was due an mot and tax so i sorted all that out.

but the horn works now forsure i had to use it today to stop some lorry coming in to my lane hahaha.

p.s yeah iv posted on the peugeot planet but no reply. might try buy it myself and see whats what. that way i can run all the test i ever want LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts