Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled the car up today with the engine still running. The fuel gauge didn't move and I thought it would when I turned the engine off and back on. unfortunitly it didn't and now the gauge is on low fuel and still moves towards empty but if wont go up. has anyone ever seen this problem before? Or know of a simple fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a bit of a wierd problem as the fuel sender is on a sliding mechanism, like what you get in your toilet.

As the float moves up and down, the other end moves/slides across a metal connector which provides a resistance reading to the cars computer.

If it goes down, it should also go up.

Do you still have this problem? If so it might be worth doing a BSi Soft Reboot as follows:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

(In the 607s case, Both Batteries)

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Jamie's guide is perfect for soft reboot.. must say its more like a hard reboot... lol.. but yes, it solves most issues.

Its very unlikely for peugeot's to have this problem as unlike other japenese cars, peugeots fuel tank float is different..

might need to put it on a diagnostic instead of messing with the system.. incase, you are looking for it, there is a switch under the rear passenger seat, see if it is intact..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for that detailed reply it's much appriciated. Lucky enough the next time I filled the tank it corrected itself:)

Thanks again,

Tony.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Turn Off Engine Remove Key Put 1 Gallon Of Fuel In Tank Put Key To Start Allow To Carry Out Checks When Ok Is Displayed Start Car Fuel Cap Must Be Closed And It Will Work And Show What Fuel On Fuel Gage Is In Tank Robbie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts