Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So another problem now the brakes have been sorted. The car has been sat with a disconnected battery as it has been off the road for sometime. I followed the correct BSI procedure when connecting and disconnecting the battery. At first the car turned over but wouldn't start. Now when I try to start the car there is a click but won't turn over. Battery is brand new so assume it's not that. The front N.S fog light stays on along with multiple errors on display. Also economy mode comes up. I have checked fuses and now I'm stumped. See pic below.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
3,287 Posts
hi..check the usual thing like battery voltage ...voltage when cranking...check all the earth cables and earthing points....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does seem like low battery, can you bump or jump it?
Nope no luck. Haven't tried jumping as o know this can mess up the BSI. Tried another battery from someone else's car. Seems weird that the one front fog stays on and have multiple error messages ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
looks like bsi may have gone crazy then.
now i know its not recomended but i have had the battery off the 207 loads of times over the years, never used the proper procedure but i am careful to pull lead on/off fast without any spark noise, i can see how it can screw up the bsi but never had a problem.

would get codes cleared with pp2000/lexia

·
6,567 Posts
BSI has become corrupted you need to recode

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been a while. For anybody else having this issue. Ended up being a relay in the fuse box. Of course this is built in so new fuse box and all is good. Thanks all

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Thats good i was just about to post exactly that fusebox controls foglights not BSI and all the comms for engine run through the fusebox so any faults here can cause strange issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are two fuse boxes under the hood (BSM module) and under the steering wheel (BSI module).
Hence my question for clarification.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi just had a similar problem turned out to be a broken wire ate the ecu purple wire at the first connector going front to back only found as i was testing all but so similar to my problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts