Peugeot Forums banner

Another pp2000 query!

5K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmymarsbar 
#1 ·
The chap uploading my system on my laptop has loaded one of the discs and reckons it has both Peugeot and Citroen on it so what is the second disc for please?

#2 ·
One will be diagbox, the other will be PP2k and Lexia.

As it happens, Diagbox has both PP2k and Lexia "built in" as part of the software, so the standalone versions of Planet and Lexia aren't really needed.

Installing Diagbox alone gives you access to Diagbox (which works better on newer models of car), Planet and Lexia (which may be better on older models).

#3 ·
Thanks for that swift reply. He says he has loaded, it seems, the diagbox but as my car is 2002 I have asked him to load the other disc too. I always assumed when I read all the history of these discs on the forum threads that one was for Peugeot and the other for Citroen!

#4 ·
If you load both Planet and Diagbox, then they'll more than likely conflict with each other (diagbox will overwrite the planet files).

As you've installed diagbox, I'd try and stick with that. On my 307, I started up diagbox, but then selected planet within diagbox, as that was more cooperative with my 02 plate car than just using diagbox.

Planet is for Peugeot, and Lexia is for Citroen. Both are virtually identical to each other, except for a few different colours and the branding :D

Diagbox has/is it's own platform, which works on both, but as earlier mentioned, it has a version of both Planet and Lexia built into it already.

Maybe they'll release an update with Vauxhall/Opel as an option :D

#8 ·
If diagbox is alreadyinstalled you cannot then install the standalone PP2000 as it complains that a newer version is already installed. He will have to uninstall diagbox and if he's lucky PP2k will then install. Sometimes, the uninstall does not remove all the registry entries so PP2k will still refuse to install resulting in having to do a clean install of windows then installing PP2k.

#10 ·
Should be fine, start up diagbox, choose Peugeot as the marque then you have the choice of running Diagbox or PP2000.

The bundled PP2000 in the equivalent of a lite version or a cut down version of the standalone and doesn't always show all the ecu's. Diagbox 'should' work fully but it is a lot slower than PP2000 as it seems to me more computer resource hungry.

Theoretically, Diagbox should be fully backwards compatible and I would expect the dealers to only have the latest diagnostics and not be required to keep an unsupported older diagnostic for customers with older cars.

#11 ·
So got the laptop back today and plugged it in to the car. I selected the diagbox icon and when it loaded it showed version V07.49. I then selected Peugeot 307 then van and the identification check showed the vin number and all was well. Then selection of application diagtool or Peugeot I selected diagtool. This then opened another page titled pp2000. It told me to turn on the ignition and connect the data plug and then It got to the point where the system checked the ecu and it reported The ECU has not replied!! So I thought I would start again and went to close down the pages only to find that the quit (X) selection top right was not live for either page so could not exit the program. I shut the laptop down and repeated the sequence with the same result. Now reading the forum history about pp2000 I found mention of the fact that the diesel models were not fully wired up to the 16 pin plug until 2004 and only eight pins seem to be in the plug on my car. Does this mean that diagbox is no good for this car and I need to upload the pp2000 disc fully after clearing out the diagbox disc programme?

#15 ·
Earlier Lexia clones had issues working with the 307, they did not have a full chipset or something? I know when I started researching to buy one, some of the vendors on ebay stated it would not work with the 307, that is why I bought mine from easy diagnostics as they said theirs had the full chipset and could read the 307.

Maybe this is your issue? Maybe try to find someone else with the kit that is known to read a 307 and see if it will read yours or fail like yours does.

#16 ·
Thanks for info. I will try the pp2000 route thru diagbox first as suggested by jimmymarsbar. I have been working on the daughters in law Seat Altea replacing a rear right ABS sensor today. MOT time! The old one snapped off whilst trying to remove it and so I had to remove the caliper and disc to get at the remains. That had to be broken in bits to get out and the hole it mounts in had to be filed etc with next to no clearance and even then the new one took an age to get in place. But at least it fixed it, unlike my 307 ABS saga. The front right is the culprit and I have replaced the sensor and the stub axle and still it wont work. Hope to get back on it tomorrow.

#18 ·
Quite honestly I doubt if I ever buy another PSA car! Although I am impressed with the overall car as a car they have too much going wrong and not enough help from the dealers as they are only there to fleece you as they just go through the motions changing bits that do not fix it instead of doing all the basic detective work on the basics before deciding its a component. That is not to say I wont have to use the system on another car if asked. This car was my standby and the mot runs out in may and if the ABS is not fixed then it might have to be scrapped. Shame as tax is only £25 and fuel consumption is brill!

#19 ·
The same reason why I scrapped my 307. Loved the engine, it was an absolute dream. But I found the rest of the car wasn't as bombproof as the engine. Maybe because the previous owner didn't give it the TLC it needs. Too many parts needed replacing, and the task of replacing said parts was a nightmare - I found that a lot of components were made of different metals, eg. ball joint and hub, and they just bonded solid, making a 60min job an all day effort

#20 · (Edited)
Well I eventually managed to actually get into and interrogate the car using the digabox/pp2000 route and entering the DAM of which it only needs the first 4 digits! The ECU had the following faults logged
1.Engine ECU- Permanent fault Brake contact signal pedal info received by CAN faulty ( I have replaced the switch)
2 Engine ECU-Permanent Fault Clutch signal. No signal or signal not coherent
3 Engine ECU=Permanent fault Pre- heating relay circuit Spark plugs(!) permanently supplied
4. Engine ECU Fan assy low speed, ctl short circuit to earth, short circuit to pos, open circuit or actuator malfunction (I have completely checked all the wiring, relays and fan and no faults found)
5. Engine ECU- Intermittent fault camshaft signal. Signal incorrect ( I have removed the plug and checked and refitted it)
I erased all messages and the only one that has come back is the glow plug saga. The car is still in limp mode. Now everybody on the forum has insisted that this cannot cause limp mode!
Feeling chuffed that I had actually got to access the engine I went fishing and tried the "Global" check and lo and behold there it was. All the computers checked that were fitted and the ABS had faults on it
1. Remote intermittent fault Stop Lamp sw .intermittent. ( changed it)
2.Rear LH wheel sensor plausibility.
3. Intermittent fault Incorrect sonic wheel on one of the four wheels coherence
I cleared them and went for a ride. The ABS warning still comes on but since I replaced the front rh hub it takes a little longer than it used to but not that far as to be another new fault if you see what I mean . It had started to rain so I called it a day and so tomorrow I will try to reread the computers if I remember the sequence.
There is one thing I have noticed is that the quit button(X) on the top rh corner is never lit so if you say wanted to change to another vehicle to test it tells you to exit the present selections but I cannot because it is not live. Any ideas on that?

#21 ·
The glow plugs is present on every 307. It seems to me that this fault is written in as part of the normal operating conditions.....

My cooling fan was inoperative - there are 2 green relays on the fan housing - they had plenty of green copper oxide coating the pins. Cleaned them up and the fan worked a treat.

However, both the plugs and fan need to be working to allow the DPF to regen. And replacing the plugs is a mission. So fixing these sooner rather than later would be ideal.

The ABS is an awkward one. Common faults are the gap and corrosion. Would it be worth checking/cleaning all 4 up?

I've done the pads on my Megane today, and part of the cautionary notes are not to allow any air to enter the system, as it potentially damages the ABS system beyond economical repair. I don't think such an eventuality is heard of in Pugs, but could there be something "simple" like aged brake fluid or a bubble causing the ABS system to be persistent with it's fault reporting?

Or am I thinking too deeply into things.....? ;)

#22 ·
If you want to start again from scratch (ie. diagnosing on diagbox), I just close the program down completely and reload. It's the quickest way in my experience.

On Planet, the interface drivers take a little longer to catch up with the software, so you can attempt to perform another diagnosis (on a new vehicle for example), and Planet will tell you that the interface is being used elsewhere..... Maybe it's my 20 year old laptop :D

#23 ·
Jimmy the fan circuit was brill. No corrosion or any thing .Checked the relays on the bench etc. Yes the glow plug have a history but it is the only message that came back and the car is still in limp. The live data looked spot on with the EGR working great etc. My car does not have DPF being the 1.4HDi.
I intend having a look at them all but I have already replaced both front sensors and when I replaced the rear discs I did an inspection and all looked well. What is/are the sonic wheels?
The normal brakes work well when the ABS fault comes on and by that I would say there are no hydraulic faults per se.
Thanks for your reply.

#24 ·
P1351 Glow plug relay error seems to be a false error for the 307 on clone diagnostic interfaces. About 18 months ago someone posted they did a diagnostic on their 307 and had that error however, when he took it to the dealers (without clearing any errors), the dealers diagnostic showed all the same errors he had seen minus the glowplu relay fault.

I've never connected to a 307 and not seen that error.

#26 ·
Today the ABS is fixed. Indeed the corrosion had built up under the lh rear sensor mounting pad. So that plus new front right bearing and all is good on the brakes. Bring on that MOT in May!
Now regards the glow plug saga. I removed the mounting nut to gain access to the back of the relay. There are two wires to it. One yellow/red which is a live feed from the fuse box to one terminal and another yellow cable that goes to where I do not know. The other connection is the plug with the four feeds to the glow plugs. Now initial voltage checks show 12v to the feed with no key in the ignition. Nil from the yellow. With Ignition on eng not running there is 10.5volts at the yellow now. Start engine and the volts remain the same. The yellow does not stop and so I assume the relay is indeed remaining energised all the time. Switch of and after about 5 secs the yellow drops to zero volts.
There is no circuit diagram of this circuit in Haynes so has anybody got one from another source? How does the relay work internally for it to control the time the plugs are fed? Is the yellow coming out or going in to the relay?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.