Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The defect code system was designed using a numerical agreed coding system as a standard in the motor industry. It is not binding but most are considered generic but some manufacturers use the numbers but for a different defect. Some standard! I will try tapping the words next time I use the pp2k though.

·
Registered
14,602 Posts
We are talking peugeot here they do not conform to the norm on anything they number the engine back to front :)

They made cars for years with only 3 wheel bolts they thought everyone else was wrong

They had an engine where the fan belt went round a corner !! it was always falling off !

They went from making excellent cars in the 80s to the very average cars we get now

They have now decided to start building astras :)

NOTHING about peugeot is normal !!

·
Registered
14,602 Posts
I love renaults more than peugeots to be honest

Peugeot USED to make brilliant cars even citroen used to make brilliant cars but they dont anymore :(

Before i was a peugeot fan i loved FIATS !!

fiats of the 70s were amazingly fun cars to drive as were alfas and lancias yes you always worried if you were going to wake in the morning to a pile of rust instead of a car but when that pile of rust was on song my god it was brilliant this is what peugeot became in the 80s but since the dawn of the 206 etc they have lost their way

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite honestly all the older cars were better as you could fix anything on them without the hassle of digital technology. Yes they are nicer to drive and use nowadays but to work on they are a nightmare. Being mechanically bent that is always at the back of your mind. Am I going to be able to fix it but more worryingly is can I find out about how it should work first!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried double clicking the words on the Eng ECU faults recorded readout and nothing happened. Then I used the route " test function by gen group" "Diag connector" and bingo there they were displayed .
Fault code P0481 Fan assy low speed control circuit to earth, short circuit to pos, open circuit or actuator malfunction
Fault code P0382 Permanent fault pre-heating circuit permanently supplied.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Press f6 when in global and the error wording is showing, this will give you a report with the error code, the wording and any parameters recorded when the error was encountered.

If you have a PDF virtual printer driver installed (I use Bullzip PDFG Printer Free) you can hit F8 to save the report as a PDF file. Usefull if there are a few errors. Saves writig everything down and better than a screen grab as the report doesn't fit on the screen.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The bulldog software creates a virtual printer in that all it does is print to a pdf file. You tell the computer to print to the pdf printer, give it a filename and it creates the PDF file for you to read at your leaisure - no actual printer involved.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So does that file stay in the diag.pp2k application or is it a file in the computer accessible without going through pp2k? As you can tell I am not very computer literate. I can do the basics I think!

·
Registered
14,602 Posts
It will save in your computer somewhere and can be read anytime without opening planet but it wont be laid out like a planet page necessarily nor will anything be clickable

1 - 16 of 16 Posts