Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ebonylinks20
Join: 2 days ago

about 8 hours ago · #1
another power steering fault
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, l can see that we have something in common( issue with the electric power steering). My 207, 2011reg with less than 30000mileage failed 2wks ago (30/09/2018) & the light came up in the dashboard, the steering became very hard to control, thank God, l did not crash it when l drove it back home after this incidents. l knew this was a power steering issue, so l went to Halfords to get the power steering fluid, l was surprised when they told me that 2011 model doesn't use the fluid, so they advised that I take it to the a Peugeot dealer. l visited the peugeot authorized dealer for a check as advised, meanwhile l started browsing through the internet to see if l could get any info, then I stumble across this very helpful forum & discovered that I was not alone.. back to the Peugeot dealer: the diagnostic check was carried out BUT no fault code is discovered or recorded, l have asked why is that?, I was told bcos it is intermittent it does happen sometimes. I have contacted Peugeot uk customer service, they said they are happy to assist me in fixnig the fault out of a good will but later back down after speaking to the dealer because the diagnostic machine did not generate any FAULT CODE, but admitted there is a fault with the electric power steering, insisting that without a fault code they can not help.. The dealer is charging £95 for diagnosis that theye can't find fault code + over £500 to replace the faulty power steering rack..
Please, l need help on how to go about this as I'm in a cross road at the moment.
Any information given will greatly appreciated.
Post Edited
Last edited by noddy-hol - about 8 hours ago - Reason: new thread started

·
Registered
876 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts