Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my 405 glx turbo d stands for more than about 6 hrs the fuel seems to 'run away' from the engine and it takes several attempts to get the motor going. If the car is pointing uphill, especially with not much fuel in the tank , this problem is exacerbated to the point that it is possible to flatten the battery befor the engine starts. This happened to me at 0230 this morning. Fortunately I was only a mile from home so was able to walk it but it could have been much worse and it was still b*****y freezing.
Have checked all over for leaks and none are apparent. Have primed engine by bulb and fuel seems to be going where it ought although bulb never gets 'hard'.
Heave read somehere that fitting a n/r valve in the fuel line may help this problem.
Does anybody have any ideas on this....?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ian405 said:
If my 405 glx turbo d stands for more than about 6 hrs the fuel seems to 'run away' from the engine and it takes several attempts to get the motor going. If the car is pointing uphill, especially with not much fuel in the tank , this problem is exacerbated to the point that it is possible to flatten the battery befor the engine starts. This happened to me at 0230 this morning. Fortunately I was only a mile from home so was able to walk it but it could have been much worse and it was still b*****y freezing.
Have checked all over for leaks and none are apparent. Have primed engine by bulb and fuel seems to be going where it ought although bulb never gets 'hard'.
Heave read somehere that fitting a n/r valve in the fuel line may help this problem.
Does anybody have any ideas on this....?
my dads 309 had that problem years ago, traced to F/filter Housing plunger/primer. Its possible there is a seal gone!

If its the same filter assembly as my 306 d, i have been told there is an issue with those type too, although it isn't common. I think there is a N/R valve built into the assembly. This is possibly your problem though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
derv306 said:
my dads 309 had that problem years ago, traced to F/filter Housing plunger/primer. Its possible there is a seal gone!
That makes sense. The seal looked ok when I changed the fuel filter but its easy enough to check it.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
239 Posts
another issue here is the thin pipes that go from each injector to each other injector they can weep and its a common thing to happen and you dont see it because its has that engine cover over it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
pugbod said:
another issue here is the thin pipes that go from each injector to each other injector they can weep and its a common thing to happen and you dont see it because its has that engine cover over it.
As pugbod said the spill pipes are known for cracking with age. Another thing, if the spill pipes have been changed, that they are tight. I've seen cars with the wrong piping and leaking diesel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts