Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, have a warning to say "DPF filter additive low" think i have managed to find a place to do the job, however, does anyone know how long this lasts when the additive is re-done and the counter re-set, have read fors and against with regard to the benifit of total DPF removal, sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in favour of, so no real recommendations that i can see, also hear a lot about "regeneration" how would i know if my car was regenerating or not, would a message come up? 2.0HDi saloon 2006, regards, Geoff.

C

·
0 Posts
All the 407's I've seen that require additive refill have been around the 100 to 120k mileage mark, so if completely filled it should last the same again plus your car's 7 years old and just requires a refill now.
The 2.0hdi's are a lot harder to tell when they regen compared to the 1.6's so you'd probably never notice it. If the filter was blocking it should throw a warning up.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
6,553 Posts
Should do at least 60K. However you need to ensure that you do not refuel with small amounts as for every removal of the fuel cap for more than about 20 Sec's results in the same amount of additive injection.

I always run fuel tank from full to empty at least 45Ltrs per fill and have done near on 80K without low level warning.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I always do empty-full, I try and avoid dribs and drabs. Unlike my old man. We are both, give or take on the same mileage. I'm on 35k hes on just 38k, so we'll see who runs out first!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Empty - Full every single time.

If the DPF is working and the additive just needs a top up then top it up, reset the counters and leave it alone IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info

Hi to all, thanks for the info, my car has done 160K mls and yesterday had a new cambelt kit, oil and filters change, as i did not receive any service history with the car, i thought it better to be safe than sorry, my local mech, a good bloke, unfortunately, could not do the DPF top up as he does not have anyway of re-setting the counter, so he suggested another local place that did, been today and was completely put off by this guy, asked him for a price to do the job and all i got was! it may not want topping up, it could be something else throwing up the message, he would have to check the car first to confirm,(cost?) if it does require topping up it could take 1 to 3 ltrs approx, (cost £50 ltr + labour) lastly, he cannot give a fixed price as it depends what he finds, i was completely put off by this guy, sounds to me like he wants a blank cheque to charge whatever he likes, so still looking! regards, Geoff.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi to all, thanks for the info, my car has done 160K mls and yesterday had a new cambelt kit, oil and filters change, as i did not receive any service history with the car, i thought it better to be safe than sorry, my local mech, a good bloke, unfortunately, could not do the DPF top up as he does not have anyway of re-setting the counter, so he suggested another local place that did, been today and was completely put off by this guy, asked him for a price to do the job and all i got was! it may not want topping up, it could be something else throwing up the message, he would have to check the car first to confirm,(cost?) if it does require topping up it could take 1 to 3 ltrs approx, (cost £50 ltr + labour) lastly, he cannot give a fixed price as it depends what he finds, i was completely put off by this guy, sounds to me like he wants a blank cheque to charge whatever he likes, so still looking! regards, Geoff.
Get your local guy to do the top up, then get someone off here who is local to you with PP to reset the counters.
Malcolm.
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I think every time you fill up it injects about 10ml so you would be looking at approx 120 tank fulls!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think every time you fill up it injects about 10ml so you would be looking at approx 120 tank fulls!
Assuming you're correct, at an average of ~400miles between fill ups that's about 48,000 miles at which point the car will have done >130,000 miles.
So I have a bit left then.... ;)

Is that remaining or what's been injected?

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster
I don't know. It's just what PP displayed.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Assuming you're correct, at an average of ~400miles between fill ups that's about 48,000 miles at which point the car will have done >130,000 miles.
So I have a bit left then....
As far as I know the additive tank only holds about 2 litres or so when full and this can last for up to 80,000 miles. The fluid is strong stuff so only a very small amount is needed per tank:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts