Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove back to Glasgow from Kent and now getting the depollution fault, car still drives fine, at the moment.

Does this mean I've now got to go the DPF removal route or is this starting to look like a turbo problem :eek:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none clear.

But just to make me look stupid I took it for a 15min run up the motorway today, came back and all cleared, even though it was only 500km since last regen.

It seems to happen soon as I start pushing it n let her hit the mid 90's, so I'll just have to keep my speed down when on a long run.

She is due a service, I've never seen the car history and doubt it's ever had anything but an oil change so it might help.

J

·
0 Posts
All too easy with the 2.0HDI to get well up into the 90s :nod: .... they are just so smooth and quite, you really don't realise you're going that quick :D

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I think you need to check DPF readings and post most of them codes i had when my DPF was clogged up.
Because your getting fault codes at high speed could be causing back pressure to the turbo higher the revs the more exhaust fumes which can`t escape so return and can cause damage.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't take the risk then, I'll keep the revs down till I can get DPF removed as I don't want to kill the turbo :eek:

Think there is a place up this way that will do the computer side of things for £160 will have to see what they will charge for removal of the DPF too.

I will go out and get some readings soon as though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right didn't really know what readings to get so had a look around n came back in with the following:-

at 2000rpm :-

PEF Load 72%
cat temp 100C
exhaust differential pressure 0 mbar
Airflow 51400 l/h

at 3300rpm
PEF Load 72%
cat temp 100C
exhaust differential pressure 43 mbar
Airflow 218450 l/h

I hope that helps if not give me a heads up on the readings that would.

C

·
0 Posts
From memory of what I've seen on my car and asked on 407owners before those readings don't look that bad. Might have missed it but how many miles on car?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never went into the individual errors and seeing as they are now cleared, I cant look.
No other faults apart from my ABS in planet.

C

·
0 Posts
I never went into the individual errors and seeing as they are now cleared, I cant look.
No other faults apart from my ABS in planet.
Maybe just had a peugeot moment!!!:lol:

I'd just keep an eye on things for the near future.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it's the 2nd time it's done it now, both times after a long run down to Kent.
I just wonder if it's something to do with a regen, and car having a lot of heat in it.
I don't stop on the way down or back apart from grabbing a coffee n taking a piss twice, so no more then 2 5min breaks.

Car prob needs a rest from the relentless punishment I bestow upon it every couple of months.

I mean, I drive it like I stole it :angrydriv

Still manage late 40's on a long run n early 40's on daily commute though :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am going to, just need to decide to pay out £160 then remove fap myself or go for the whole do it at home job n save myself a few quid but miss out on a 6 month guarantee of success and no related problems from ecu removal.

I'm thinking pay the £160 if they toast it they pay for it.

J

·
0 Posts
Those readings don't look bad on the whole :nono:

At 72% loading, you'll be going through your next regen soon :nod:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts