Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great little car firstly, only had it since October ( its an 09..107 ) suffering from the dreaded leak syndrome.
Started with the rear high light off and then resealed with a good black mastic.
Then onto the light clusters same again off and made a patch from old wet suit resealed with the above mastic, Next came the rear bumper, off. replace flaps with metal strips and reseal with above....big smirks all round....for a day or two..still leaking...off come rear door seals and boot lid seal ..re crimped and fitted....still leaking bye this time I am thinking about getting some Gold fish for the boot as it seem to HOLD water very nicely.. Next I had a look at the boot hinges, YAY....some bugger has replaced them or the boot lid and them and NOT put them back correctly...so off they come good dollop of the black magic mastic plus re siteing of the gaskets in their proper place...Now as I'm here I thought I will have a look at the roof aerial access in through the internal light fitting undone the nut and another dollop of black magic....this has taken some six week of patience but it has been worth it ALL DRY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great little car firstly, only had it since October ( its an 09..107 ) suffering from the dreaded leak syndrome.
Started with the rear high light off and then resealed with a good black mastic.
Then onto the light clusters same again off and made a patch from old wet suit resealed with the above mastic, Next came the rear bumper, off. replace flaps with metal strips and reseal with above....big smirks all round....for a day or two..still leaking...off come rear door seals and boot lid seal ..re crimped and fitted....still leaking bye this time I am thinking about getting some Gold fish for the boot as it seem to HOLD water very nicely.. Next I had a look at the boot hinges, YAY....some bugger has replaced them or the boot lid and them and NOT put them back correctly...so off they come good dollop of the black magic mastic plus re siteing of the gaskets in their proper place...Now as I'm here I thought I will have a look at the roof aerial access in through the internal light fitting undone the nut and another dollop of black magic....this has taken some six week of patience but it has been worth it ALL DRY. :lol: :lol:
Bloody hell your car is literally held together with sealant :rofl2: :rofl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts