Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my sbb key programmer arrived 2 weeks ago and have been like a kid in a candy store waiting for the postman to bring the new transponder chips,

Yey they arrive, hop into car and score 2 new transponder keys working and ready to go.

But now the stupid remote locking won't work :-(

Have tried the
(ignition on, lock button 10 sec, remove, wait 10 and hit lock)

But doesn't seem to work.

I do notice as sitting here writing after car has gone asleep when I press the unlock button I can hear the bsi do a click like it's woken up

Any advice

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Transponders programmed and working fine just the unlock remote chip not synced.
Just looking over old threads and I think it might be the wrong remote anyway as my 307sw does seem to have the deadlock feature as when you lock it with key it locks then lock again and can hear deadlock so I wonder is my 2003 307sw meant to have the 3 button keys?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Transponders programmed and working fine just the unlock remote chip not synced.
Just looking over old threads and I think it might be the wrong remote anyway as my 307sw does seem to have the deadlock feature as when you lock it with key it locks then lock again and can hear deadlock so I wonder is my 2003 307sw meant to have the 3 button keys?
old 307 before 55 plate is 2 button none flip key and face lift 307 55 plate and newer is flip key, it could be a faulty key that has been purchased, i would try bsi reset see if that works

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both bsi and key were fine prior to key programming couple of hours ago, I'll unplug the battery and try a bsi reset see can I sync the key then maybe

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Both bsi and key were fine prior to key programming couple of hours ago, I'll unplug the battery and try a bsi reset see can I sync the key then maybe
if you have programmed a second key did you make sure you also programmed the first at the same time as if you dont it will forget the first key

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep as said both transponders programmed working perfectly and old transponder chip has been deactivated it's the remote chip having throuble with. 30min the battery off and no joy still won't programme

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
can we go back to the begining did you buy keys complete or just chips ?

Did the key remote work before you recoded ?

Are you still using key with same remote but new chip in it ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought replacement keys (no chips)
Replaced old key fob for new one because buttons worn on old one

Ordered transponders and programmers
Got key blades coppied in the mean time

Programmer & chips arrive
Successfully program the 2 new transponders at the same time and both work driving away.

Old transponder no longer works as its been erased as expected from the immobiliser

The remote chips within the remote has a new working battery

The remote chipis not responding to the following syncing sequence

Turn ignition on (all dash lights on)
Hold lock button for 10 seconds
Turn off ignition and remove key
Wait 10 seconds then press lock button again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The key remote hasn't been replaced, its the original one that was working this morning before programming the two new keys
Hasn't worked since

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
You may find the original transponder and the remote must be coded together again as the remotes on these are tied to the chips in some way so this may be your issue.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Bought replacement keys (no chips)
Replaced old key fob for new one because buttons worn on old one

Ordered transponders and programmers
Got key blades coppied in the mean time

Programmer & chips arrive
Successfully program the 2 new transponders at the same time and both work driving away.

Old transponder no longer works as its been erased as expected from the immobiliser

The remote chips within the remote has a new working battery

The remote chipis not responding to the following syncing sequence

Turn ignition on (all dash lights on)
Hold lock button for 10 seconds
Turn off ignition and remove key
Wait 10 seconds then press lock button again
you can not program a used pcb remote with a new transponder chip it has to be the same transponder chip it was programmed with (why put a new chip in a working key anyhow)

if it aint broke dont fix it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only a new toy and I thought that you had to program all keys at same time and thought transponder chips can only be programmed once leaving the one single old transponder useless and the two new programmed ones good?

·
5,886 Posts
As above transponder chip need to be loaded with a seed number matched to the remote board for lock/unlock function to work.

There was a thread on Digital Kaos forum where someone had worked out the algorithm for the seed from key fob transmit data. However the thread died as member was banned for trying to sell seed codes etc

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Only a new toy and I thought that you had to program all keys at same time and thought transponder chips can only be programmed once leaving the one single old transponder useless and the two new programmed ones good?
yes but thats correct but if it is a remote key the same applies to the remote pcb it can be resynced using the transponder chip it was first programmed with

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So thats is then is the remote chip I have now scrap or any way of syncing it back up without buying a new chip, transponder paired combination?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts