Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys if any of you have rattles in your 307 and managed to get rid of them please post where the rattle was and how you fixed it i have so many i cant even find 1! lol :confused:

P

·
0 Posts
Rattles could be anything I doubt there is a guide that covers them all.

May be worth listing which 307 you have and a description of the noise you are being troubled with, may help one of us give you an idea.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum!

·
11,722 Posts
You need a passenger to help. When you're sat at one side of the car you get a bias depending on where the rattle is and what its bouncing off.

For example I hear what seems to be a rattle around the back seats in my car. But the passengers hears where it precisely is - my tunnel toll tag in the glove box!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 307 1.4 hdi 52 plate it rattles from under passenger footwell
then from the back somewhere almost sounds like the shelf and when im doing 40mph it starts whistling but if i goes to 45mph it goes quite again? lol

also wondering if i remove the cat would there be a power increse and would it be passable on mot?

thanks for the fast reply x:thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm heat sheild on the mani/turbo ill have a look at that when i get a couple mins.

regarding the cat if i remove will it go into limp mode do you no? x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i am also tracking down the dreaded rattles on my Pug 307 2.0 hdi (90). The main things i've done so far is securing the the under belly trays with self tappers, secure the plastic wheel arch covers,tighten a couple of exhaust heat shields. My battery cover also wobbles about or did it dont now. The car is a lot better now to drive but still there is a faint rattle when car drops below 30mph ish in fourth gear, i can live with this for now untill i get more time to investigate.
Good look there's loads everthing is plastic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
found that one of the clips for the engine cover have snapped and causes it to rattle so removed it for time being till i get a new one. now onto the next rattle lol:thumb:

·
Registered
206 Posts
ive still got an annpying rattle/bang. Its coming coming from the roof in back driverside. I believe it could be a lose cable from the hands free arial. Other than that,havnt got anythin that rattles :D

By the way,what is that 'step' thing thats under the car? looks like a step for a 4x4 lol

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
11,722 Posts
ive still got an annpying rattle/bang. Its coming coming from the roof in back driverside. I believe it could be a lose cable from the hands free arial. Other than that,havnt got anythin that rattles :D

By the way,what is that 'step' thing thats under the car? looks like a step for a 4x4 lol
That's reminded me of a similar problem I had in my 307. It was a wiring loom tapping against the body.

Mine was a 307 hatch. I had to take off the plastic between the rear left seat and the boot lid.

There was a clip that attached to the bodywork that held the loom in place which had come off.

I reattached and then loosely re-wrapped the loom in duck tape to cushion the tapping.

·
11,722 Posts
Its a bit of a pain to get that plastic off safely - rear seats up, boot rubber off, lots of torx screws and so on, but worth it in the end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts