Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have annoying noises coming from their 3008s?

I have a slight squeak, the sound of plastic rubbing against plastic coming from somewhere beneath the steering wheel. It happens on smooth as well as rough roads and is not there all the time. Not easy to investigate while driving and I can’t replicate the noise by prodding when stationary.

I have another squeaky noise coming from the rear when the rear seats are laid flat but I think this must be the leather rubbing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nothing so far, the rviews I watched and read all commended the quality of the interior. Personally I really do focus in on any noise from the car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does anyone else have annoying noises coming from their 3008s?

I have a slight squeak, the sound of plastic rubbing against plastic coming from somewhere beneath the steering wheel. It happens on smooth as well as rough roads and is not there all the time. Not easy to investigate while driving and I can’t replicate the noise by prodding when stationary.

I have another squeaky noise coming from the rear when the rear seats are laid flat but I think this must be the leather rubbing.
I had the same noise from back seats when I had my mountain bike in the back, it was the seats rubbing as it stopped when I laid a towel down on the back seats before dropping them ?

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a high pitched wheezing sound, like air escaping a balloon, somewhere around the driver area - intermittent and probably aircon related (and it definitely wasn't me!) but I haven't noticed it on my recent drives.

I also feel minor vibration and knocking on the driver floor if I keep my foot flat on the mat and wondered if it's suspension related or perhaps a loose inspection panel flapping. Nothing serious (I hope) but does detract from an otherwise refined ride. Wind noise and tyre roar is pretty minimal, much better than the QQ.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I had a high pitched wheezing sound, like air escaping a balloon, somewhere around the driver area - intermittent and probably aircon related (and it definitely wasn't me!) but I haven't noticed it on my recent drives.

I also feel minor vibration and knocking on the driver floor if I keep my foot flat on the mat and wondered if it's suspension related or perhaps a loose inspection panel flapping. Nothing serious (I hope) but does detract from an otherwise refined ride. Wind noise and tyre roar is pretty minimal, much better than the QQ.
I don't think there are any inspection panels. It's not an airbus :)

Possibly it's the heatshield knocking.. I'd definately get it looked at.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haha! I haven't had chance to get a good look underneath, but I had similar on a Mazda and it had plastic panels under the car to protect it from corrosion, one of which came loose.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had the same noise from back seats when I had my mountain bike in the back, it was the seats rubbing as it stopped when I laid a towel down on the back seats before dropping them ?

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)

Good idea, I had sussed that out for my next trip with the rear seats down. :thumb:

·
Registered
486 Posts
There was a discussion on similar noise under passenger side or driver side -depending on the market, in here and also some other french forums. It seems this noise is a common issue caused by a plastic cover underneath which is not properly fixed (as per french forum)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.