Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, yet another annoying little problem....only had the car 3 months and just seems to be one little annoyance after another.

Not getting a noise from o/s of the car which can only be described as sound like eeeee eeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee.

Happens at lower speeds and more so when straight but is so random and has also happened when turning as well. The squeal/squeek/screech doesn't change depending on speed or I don't believe it does.

The only thing I can think of is a horrible brake wear indicator which I had on my old 306 but sure these don't have the metal squealers please correct me if i'm wrong. Had a brief looks at pads and they look fine.

I immediately thought brakes/wheel but the noise doesn't speed up and vice versa. Exhaust flange has come up on searches but i'm not 100% the noise is consistent with something knocking/squeaking for 10 seconds continiously.

Going in for the clutch and fly on Thursday so may ask mech to take it for a spin and see if he notices it.

Any help though would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i had this fecking annoying noise... Never got down to the problem before i rolled the damned thing :lol:

I did however come up with advice from other people and sites that a join in the exhaust needs some grease.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fecking annoying noise.
It certainly is that!!

I've had it jacked up and spun/wiggled the wheels, checked exhaust mounts, given the exhaust a good shake but still no further in knowing what causing the noise!!!

Would this join really generate a continious screech/high pitched whistle or what ever the damned noise is eeeeeeeeeeee eeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee ee eeeeee :lol:

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
its really embarrassing aswell when its sunny, you have windows down and cruising along in a busy road and the eeee eee eee is following :mad:

its like stray dog with three legs and fleas following you for food!

I notice it happens louder and more prominant when you change gears....yet i had my clutch done etc and it was still there!!

I share your pain and shame on this one :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't notice any change in pitch or loudness and its only really at low speeds between 1200-1500rpm in any gears and neutral..........

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light though!

Cheers

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I had a noise the other day and was really loud. Wouldn't describe it quite like the noise you have but it was the wheel arch liner had come loose in front of the wheel where it is attached to the front bumper and was rubbing on the tyre. Quite a bit of the liner is no longer there as it got worn away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts