Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently bought a 2005 307cc 1.6 and it has a slight misfire. It starts and idles well, cold or hot. If I accelerate it's fine too. The problem is when I just ever so slightly touch the gas.

Typical scenario, going down a slight gradient at about 30 mph, in 3rd gear so doing about 2000 rpm. If I'm off the gas it'll slow down so I just press the accelerator a tiny bit, that's when it starts spluttering.

I figured I'd get myself a ODB thing and have a look for any error codes. Got that today and plugged it in but there are no errors showing at all.

Any suggestions where to start? I plan to take a look at the plugs, and I should probably check the air filter too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey did you manage to figure this out? I have a 2l 307 cc 04 plate with the exact same symptoms.

I've changed sparks, coil pack, cleaned throttle body, checked secondary air pump. It has something to do with the air intake I'm sure.

I don't suppose you know where the air idle control valve is? I've been looking for it all night as that is my next port of call.

·
11,875 Posts
OK, we've done a diagnostic. There were a few engine codes, but I think they were old ones:

Engine ECU
Intermittent fault. Engine coolant temperature signal Coherence
Intermittent fault. Fan assembly high speed command fault
Remote intermittent fault. Stop lamp information
Intermittent fault. Ignition-integrated phase detection Coherence
Intermittent fault. Fault: piloted engine stop-and-start (DAMP) Short circuit to earth

We cleared them, ran the engine for ten minutes and none returned. Revs were all over the place though.

What I did notice though when running live data measurement were these:

The ignition advance was jumping all over from 6 to 15. Is that normal?

The O2 sensor voltage was also showing between 0.1v and 0.5v, with upstream sensor inactive. Again, are these normal? I'm more a diesel man.

·
11,875 Posts
And, as promised, details of your door handles. They do have electrical connectors in them:

Again, I'd be in there with electrical contact cleaner.

If you fancy taking both door trim panels off you could get the multimeter out and do some comparison tests between driver and passenger handles.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
The symptoms you are experiencing are very common on this engine in ALL the cars its fitted to 206 GTI 807 406 407 various citroens and fiat ulysee all use it and it affects them all a service will help but you will never totally cure it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you fancy taking both door trim panels off you could get the multimeter out and do some comparison tests between driver and passenger handles.
That's an option, although they're a pain to get into. At least I know what I'm looking at. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The symptoms you are experiencing are very common on this engine in ALL the cars its fitted to 206 GTI 807 406 407 various citroens and fiat ulysee all use it and it affects them all a service will help but you will never totally cure it.
Ah, the old "They all do that, sir" thing. :)

Well, I'll check/clean a few connections. I've had the plugs out, they all look fine. Air filter looks ok too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Gibbo
Just read this post and i have had this problem on one of these before we found it in the end and i was intermittant fault with crank sensor voltage would be stable for so long then go haywire so we changed it and problem solved . not saying this could be same but multimeter test on crank sensor would show this up where diagnostics may not because it may be within pugs tolerences but fluctuate when running thru rev range

·
11,875 Posts
Yeah, that was my initial thought when we did the diagnostic and this came up:

Intermittent fault. Ignition-integrated phase detection Coherence

I've told Xmastree to run the car for a few days and we'll do another diagnostic and see what comes back.

I'm not a big fan of throwing parts at the problem, but when its something reasonably cheap I think it can be excused.

Luckily the OP is a whizz at circuit testing so at least he'll be on top form for checking the wiring.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And, I now have an error code.
Yesterday morning I went out, and when I got in the car to come home it didn't start first time. It usually does. There was also a smell of fuel once it got going. It drove fine though.
This afternoon I started it up, started readily but I got a warning on the MFD about Engine Management Unit fault. It still drove ok so when I got home I plugged my OBDII reader in and it showed P1153.
A bit of googling suggests a throttle body issue.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, armed with an error code of P1153, and inspired by this post, today I removed the throttle body in an attempt to clean it.

It looks pretty sealed up in there.

so all I could do was clean the butterfly and surroundings, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

·
6,097 Posts
Does the car have a cam sensor if not maybe like older cars it uses spark plugs to determine cam sync and they have issues with wrong plugs or coil pack causing a phase detection fault

1 - 15 of 15 Posts