Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive had my 307 1.6 HDI (90) for about a month (in Stafford).

I was semi aware of the antipollution fault on these peugeots before i got the car so when it first came on less than 10 miles after collecting the car i was somewhat worried. By the time I came home the fault had cleared but a month later and 1300 miles (mainly motorway miles) it came on today. The car drives fine and theres no other messages

I've sent a PM to Stubbo but as his PM box is full he wont see it....

The car has only done 2000 miles a year for the last 3-4 years and has a full service history upto March 13. I'm due to get it serviced, would it be a good idea to let the dealership do it to get a full understanding (providing that I don't get someone on here with Peugeot Planet to check first? We're driving to Cornwall on Tuesday so I hope it doesn't morph into a bigger issue...

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Ive had my 307 1.6 HDI (90) for about a month (in Stafford).

I was semi aware of the antipollution fault before i got the car so when it first came on less than 10 miles after collecting the car i was somewhat worried. By the time I came home the fault had cleared but a month later and 1300 miles (mainly motorway miles) it came on today. The car drives fine and theres no other messages

I've sent a PM to Stubbo but as his PM box is full he wont see it....

The car has only done 2000 miles a year for the last 3-4 years and has a full service history upto March 13. I'm due to get it serviced, would it be a good idea to let the dealership do it to get a full understanding (providing that I don't get someone on here with Peugeot Planet to check first? We're driving to Cornwall on Tuesday so I hope it doesn't morph into a bigger issue...
why not contact a member who is on way to conrwall

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I thought about that but we're only down for a few days and realistically we dont have much time...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If needs be I'll try and get it into the local garage I used for my old Citroen...they charge for diagnostic but not at the level the dealer does....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks to monty9120 who took a look at my 307 this evening...plenty of error codes but once refreshed the only ones showing appeared to be EGR valve related.

It will be going in for a service in just over a weeks time and we'll see what has accrued as we're going down to the south west next week.

Thanks again Lee

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well on the drive to Cornwall today, the antipollution error came back on (2 hours into the drive on the m5)... there's certainly a lack of response to the throttle in 5th gear ( similar to a maf issue I had with my xsara previously),

monty9120 what's the cleaning method you spoke about ?

car is getting a full service at the dealer ( one off) so will be interesting to see if they pick up on it....

what kinda price should a half decent maf cost? I've seen comments about ones from eBay but has anyone tried one's from Euro car parts or gsf?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
there a few quid. they do decent ones like bosch but dont seem to do them on ecps for our model.

have you tried disconnecting it and running to see if it improves

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks Lee, to be honest I've no idea where the maf is ( wasnt watching you on Friday)... with luck well be taking it to a local mechanic my dad knows hee in Cornwall and he'll probably reset everything again....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dad's mechanic friend is on holiday! anyway, fault had gone however the 5th gear still isn't as responsive as I'd expect.... well take it easy for the rest of the week and see what comes out of the full service on Monday...

could a combination of a poor air and/or fuel filter cause this?

thanks all

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've just got back from trying the car with the msf unplugged. went up the hill between honiton and Exeter on the A30 and the difference was unbelievable...maf on and I couldn't get past 70 with the pedal floored, maf off and the acceleration continued, ended up doing 90 and could of kept going.... seems pretty conclusive that the maf could be faulty....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all,

given the previous posts about believing that the fault was related to the maf sensor, I've looked at previous posts and come up with an alternative cause. I've been looking at the air intake pipes and there seems to be a lot of play in them, the same with the air filter box... if it's not sealed properly could it be drawing hot air in from the engine bay and causing the anti pollution fault?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
all,

given the previous posts about believing that the fault was related to the maf sensor, I've looked at previous posts and come up with an alternative cause. I've been looking at the air intake pipes and there seems to be a lot of play in them, the same with the air filter box... if it's not sealed properly could it be drawing hot air in from the engine bay and causing the anti pollution fault?
possibly because that would be unmetered air

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
there is quite alot of play in the pipes on a 1.6hdi the airbox isnt bolted down it just sits on lugs. then the pipe into the airbox doesnt clip at all it just sits in and woddles around

i tried to seal mine as best as possible with a bit of tape

1 - 20 of 25 Posts