Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a new 5008 with integrated WiFi etc, I also have a compatible Google pixel phone which should allow for Android Auto to work wirelessly, the problem is I can't get this to work. It works fine when connected to USB cable but I can't for the life of me figure out how it should work wirelessly, I've tried connecting my car to my phone's hotspot etc but the Peugeot manual is useless and doesn't cover this, does anyone have any steps I should follow to get my car and phone to work as it should and can?

·
Registered
838 Posts
As far as I know you can only connect Andriod Auto via a USB cable. WiFi is only good for connecting to the Peugeot app or the mapping services. I'll stand being corrected though.

Reactions: Mr Lee

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
As far as I know you can only connect Andriod Auto via a USB cable. WiFi is only good for connecting to the Peugeot app or the mapping services. I'll stand being corrected though.
Yes, you're right. Google Android Auto or Apple CarPlay always needs the USB cable. It doesn't matter the phone's version or maker.

The car doesn't support the wireless versions of AA or CP and we must assume it never will - this infotainment system (NAC Wave 2) is outdated and the latest versions of this hardware (Wave 4) doesn't support it either.

For CP there's an USB dongle (CarPlay2Air/Car2Play) that might work.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The infotainment unit does not support wireless android auto, you can stop trying to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just to be clear. It's a hardware limitation of the car systems and no amount of software can change that. Without new hardware, it will never work. Some people have had limited success with dongles which plug into the USB socket but they are flaky at best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I read that Android 11 will support Android auto using Wifi 5 GHz band.

The question now, Does Peugeot support 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It does not matter, the infotainment unit does not support the functionality.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
It does not matter, the infotainment unit does not support the functionality.

No matter how many times you repeat it people will still just keep asking that same question on here.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There's an official Peugeot UK video where it's implied that you can use wireless AA -
- and it uses bluetooth for that! How do you spell misinformation?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
There's an official Peugeot UK video where it's implied that you can use wireless AA -
- and it uses bluetooth for that! How do you spell misinformation?
I spell it as: S T U P I D
Somehow they managed to design a car, which none of their employees understand or can repair. I just did my 3rd service yesterday, it is unbelievable how much do they NOT know about the car. I love the car itself, but I really doubt that I will be buying another Peugeot simply because of the bad service.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bluetooth is used with Android auto only for initial handshake.
Bluetooth bandwidth is too small to transfer live video.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nope, bluetooth is used to transmit audio even while using the cable. USB makes the initial connection. I didn't even have the phone paired, just plugged the USB and everything was done automatically. Even the bluetooth was paired by the Android Auto later.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The only issue in this topic is, that ya'll be talking about wireless Android Auto this whole time, when there is no such thing on a Peugeot. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts