Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those who struggle with no sound the fix for me is to start playing something on the phone when AA is connected. That enables AUX on the head unit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great news @lebby96

Mine still working smoothly (no issues with AUX at all - fingers crossed). Hope others on the thread are also now up and running with or without replacement cables.

@holejos - Yes, always important to remember this to ensure AUX available, even now I sometimes forget (tend to leave settings on 'auto-resume music on connection to AA' as mitigation).

As I like to experiment, if I get time I am going to try using an old Android phone as a slave device (detailed on XDA Developers) and attempt a wireless AA solution for this unit as my next mini-project.

Now and again I connect my business iPhone and wireless Carplay is sooo much slicker, something for us Android users to be envious of.

However, I have now switched wireless CP off in the head unit settings as very often my iPhone will connect to the unit more quickly wirelessly when buried within my bag faster than I can connect my Android phone wired. I also find Google Assistant to be more accomodating than Siri, or maybe that's just me...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For people who struggle with this, ask the seller to provide an AUX to usb module. You need to disconnect the cable that goes from the aux port to the head unit, and connect it to the carplay unit as in the photos by Jay Hoon provided. And then from there, to the car AUX. That didn't work for me, and the AUX was greyed out. I tried playing music and then switching to AUX, still was greyed out.
So I tried connecting it to the AUX to USB module, and from there to the car original usb port, and it shows as "iPod" in the car for some reason, but it works perfectly. No need to do anything, just plug and play. I tried connecting my phone directly to the AUX and it was still greyed out, so maybe my AUX port is damaged, but this solution worked for me if anyone has the same issue.
Thanks for the help @oligo333, you gave me confidence to order the unit :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
No problem @lebby96 that's what we are all here for. I never use the SMEG now apart from the odd climate control temp change and to select AUX of course :censored:

AA or CP is turning out to be a much better day to day solution, more variety, no tedious map updates etc.

Though mine is working well, I like the sound of your completely plug and play solution using original USB port in car, maybe I'll pester the seller for an AUX to USB module...

Does he charge for this or is it a freebie for his loyal customers :LOL:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
He actually asked me if I have an AUX port in my car, I said no because I wanted him to provide the cable just to be sure I don't miss anything. Turns out it was a good choice haha.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like your style, maybe I'll try this approach (y)

Reactions: lebby96

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I have just installed this in my car and had to split the cable to aux to give sound for Google maps. Apparently rear camera needs setting up in factory settings with code 8818. Anyone know how to access this as just get their generic version and parking sensors. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'll do you a walkthrough later when I'm back in the vehicle. It's pretty straight forward to setup. Is this for a factory fit rear camera or aftermarket?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Oligo333 thanks. I have sorted the camera now and figured how to switch from Smeg to android and back when needing to change air con. Sound keeps cutting out on Google maps and assistant and through Spotify. Is this a conflict with being connected to both android and peugeot at the same time. Call quality is also poor. The sound is running via aux as suggested by seller. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I generally have no issues with sound quality via AUX. I checked to see if I could get a conflict last night and there were some issues with call quality (crackles and dropouts) when phone was connected to Peugeot AND Carplay unit by BT. Back to normal when phone connected to Carplay BT only (on phone and in Carplay BT settings). Just make sure any BT auto connect to Peugeot setting is unchecked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, does anyone know if you can run two apps simultaneously i.e have google maps/ waze open and have google music/spotify player as well. Also, are you able to set two volume options preferably have the google maps sound lower than the music sound?

·
Registered
11/2017 308SW 1.6hdi 120cv
649 Posts
Hi, does anyone know if you can run two apps simultaneously i.e have google maps/ waze open and have google music/spotify player as well. Also, are you able to set two volume options preferably have the google maps sound lower than the music sound?
Yes, when spotify is playing and on the main screen, the bottom left buttom is Maps instructions for example, when Maps is open and main screen, the bottom is spotify trak name and the next button. Can take a few fotos if you care...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still contemplating if it's worth the upgrade...

It's alot of money to be honest and really does the same features that my phone does

·
Registered
11/2017 308SW 1.6hdi 120cv
649 Posts
Adding a module to the SMEG just for Android auto, is a minor improvement. You're still going to be stuck with the SMEG for the rest of the stuff.

I picked my 308 with a NAC just for that, a faster interface, although i confess the android auto is a bonus. Most of the time i'm on the AA.

I don't know the costs, but you could go down the route of replacing the head unit itself...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts