Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ok, i get a free injector (brand new) that's been whacked on the top damaging it.
Can i remove the top of my old injector and fit it to the new injector?

AND on a plus point, would doing this eliminate the requirement for re-coding the injector?

Just a theory
Anyone verify?

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
Answer to 1 probably

Answer to 2 coding injectors is to calibrate flowrates so a new injector would need the same flowrate to not need coded for HDI engines there are generally 3 different flow rates for the same injectors Only some injectors can actually be coded

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Answer to 1 probably

Answer to 2 coding injectors is to calibrate flowrates so a new injector would need the same flowrate to not need coded for HDI engines there are generally 3 different flow rates for the same injectors Only some injectors can actually be coded
Hmm curious.... Ok so i fit the new top end, how do i know if im running a coded injector vehicle?
And on the subject of coded injectors, when people use that term do they mean the injector has something inside to tell the control unit which cylinder it is or something?

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
Coding is not really acurate as they are not really coded what you are doing is telling the ecu which flow range to run from the ecu controls the injectors nothing is inside no chip or anything like that
It allows for worn injectors to be fitted along with fresh injectors as the flowrates will differ

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ah right i understand, so could you effectively up the flow rate for increased power with planet if you so desired?

Or even lean out the flow rate when testing and messing about..?

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you do get it apart, expect some tiny bits in there and realise that flow and break pressure are both altered by the positioning of the solenoid head.

I wouldn't do it. Sure it might go together OK, but it might leak, fill a cylinder with fuel, and trash a piston, rid, or the crank itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts