1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you Install a Amplifer in a 307. Bulkhead, battery terminals etc

Hello

I have a 2003 5 door 2.0 Hdi 307.

1. Where is the best place to drill through the bulk head to run a power line for the amplifer or is there an easier way to get through the bulkhead.

2. How do you add an accesorie powerline to the battery terminal since the 307 has unconvential terminal connectors.

3. Is there an ideal side of the car to run the power cable, switch cable and like wise the RCA leads.

4. Does any one have any advice on the best place to put an amplifer. Im thinking of fixing it to the back of the rear passenger seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Attaching a power cable to the battery

Follow the cable from the + terminal on the battery back to the fuse box. Undo the bolt and attacht the power cable here. Remember to Put a inline fuse on the power cable close to the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts

not a clue but theres another way if u have 8 guage...u go where the bonnet release bit is....but sadley i hav 4 guage and wont be doing that,

·
Registered
4 Posts
himmerz said:
not a clue but theres another way if u have 8 guage...u go where the bonnet release bit is....but sadley i hav 4 guage and wont be doing that,
himmerz, can you please explain a bit more about how to get an 8 gauge lead from the bonnet release to the engine bay. Any pics would help greatly too.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
34 Posts
apparently if you remove the glove box there is a grommit behind it that you can make a hole in and push the cable through :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts