Peugeot Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

Registered
i had a booster pack on the battery so that had enough power to crank it,im sure ive cleaned the seat well enough and hoovered up any bits of carbon etc,havent bled the system,didnt think i had to ?
All sorted?
Turn the ignition on let the fuel pump run & then turn off. I did this a couple of times & it then took a few try鈥檚 to start.
Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
Hi guys! I have 3008 also and i have two questions foe you:
Do you also (still) have fule injectors problems, jerky motors, etc?
Which fuel injector cleaner can you recommend? I tired to try it by my own and now i found these article ( 5 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners Reviews of 2019 in the UK - BestAdvisers.co.uk ) and i'm trying to understand which of them are good. But how i'll understand it without any comments or reviews? So need help.

Registered
Hi guys! I have 3008 also and i have two questions foe you:
Do you also (still) have fule injectors problems, jerky motors, etc?
Which fuel injector cleaner can you recommend? I tired to try it by my own and now i found these article ( 5 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners Reviews of 2019 in the UK - BestAdvisers.co.uk ) and i'm trying to understand which of them are good. But how i'll understand it without any comments or reviews? So need help.
I鈥檓 lucky that the issue was a leaking copper seal, which is now fixed.
Redex diesel system cleaner.

Registered
NEVER use redex in a diesel car. Looking at it's technical data sheet, most of it is kerosene with a bit of naptha. it's not really suitable for the injection system. Use something like BASF keropur D or LiquiMoly Speed Diesel. The additives need to be tested against CEC F-98-08 or CEC F-110-16

Registered
3008 diesel 1.6 injector problem.

I to had a problem when the ESP/ABS light came on and had to limp 15 miles because I was in a area with no signal. I took it to three garages who diagnosed the problem but could not repair it because they ewere fully booked and I had 150 miles to home..recovery was called and I was piggy backed home to lincoln. lucky for me the recovery guy had been a peugeot mechanic and again diagnostics showed nO 2 injector fault.
This cost me a lot to get repaired .
There must be a common fault with these cars that peugeot are not accepting liability for.
Its the same as other major manufacturers who have covered up faults so they dont have to pay out . people should put a ban on buying their cars withn the fault it is only then these dispicable companies might take some notice.
So please pay attention Peugeot management.

Registered
My wife"s 3008 has now gone into limp mode twice - 1st time it was not used for several days and the fault clear itself, 2 nd time "recovery" arrive and reset it. They said number 2 cylinder was disabled they reset it and said it would go again and should be changed.
As a retired aviation engineer I am a little doubtful - it would appear to me that going into "limp mode" - by disabling No 2 Injector (to almost immediately reduce speed) is purely an indicator that something has gone wrong with the safety or stability of the vehicle and speed should be reduce and help sought.
So the actual problem has nothing to do with the injector - the code indicated ESP/ASR - what is this code?

Having paid for road assistance for in excess of 30 years (and never using it); it was gratifying to be told that this problem has been noted in some centralised data-bank and will be refused assistance if an instance recurs.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Alex

Registered
My wife"s 3008 has now gone into limp mode twice - 1st time it was not used for several days and the fault clear itself, 2 nd time "recovery" arrive and reset it. They said number 2 cylinder was disabled they reset it and said it would go again and should be changed.
As a retired aviation engineer I am a little doubtful - it would appear to me that going into "limp mode" - by disabling No 2 Injector (to almost immediately reduce speed) is purely an indicator that something has gone wrong with the safety or stability of the vehicle and speed should be reduce and help sought.
So the actual problem has nothing to do with the injector - the code indicated ESP/ASR - what is this code?

Having paid for road assistance for in excess of 30 years (and never using it); it was gratifying to be told that this problem has been noted in some centralised data-bank and will be refused assistance if an instance recurs.

Alex
If you're getting multiple unrelated error codes, the first check that I'd suggest is battery health, especially if the car has had shorter runs/less use lately

Registered

Alex
Hi Alex,
What codes are you getting?
How can #2 cylinder shut down??
Have you removed the #2 injector? (just to check it's not damage & give it a good clean)
Good idea to check the battery voltage also is cruise control affected? Has this on my old 407sw.

馃 馃 & good luck

Registered
Hi Alex,
What codes are you getting?
How can #2 cylinder shut down??
Have you removed the #2 injector? (just to check it's not damage & give it a good clean)
Good idea to check the battery voltage also is cruise control affected? Has this on my old 407sw.

馃 馃 & good luck
The battery is good (6 months old) The electrics are good (bright headlights and plenty of starter power) - 14.4 Volts. The recovery truck driver/mechanic demonstrated to my wife resetting the ESP/ASR warning and she then drove 20 miles home - terrified it was going to go again.
I think the fact the injector could and was turned off and on demonstrates (to me at least) that the fault does not lie with the injector.
Can anyone supply a list of all the faults that will induce this introduction of "limp home mode" along with the illumination of the ESP/ASR warning?
Fingers crossed
Alex

Registered
The battery is good (6 months old) The electrics are good (bright headlights and plenty of starter power) - 14.4 Volts. The recovery truck driver/mechanic demonstrated to my wife resetting the ESP/ASR warning and she then drove 20 miles home - terrified it was going to go again.
I think the fact the injector could and was turned off and on demonstrates (to me at least) that the fault does not lie with the injector.
Can anyone supply a list of all the faults that will induce this introduction of "limp home mode" along with the illumination of the ESP/ASR warning?
Fingers crossed
Alex
The only code is ESP/ASR. My reading of the fault path would indicate there will be a group of alarms that when they alarm deactivate the no2 injector. The driver only sees the speed decreasing.
What I need is a list of these alarms in order to validate their function.
Alex

Registered
Hi,

I have a 2019 3008 with 15,000 on the clock. One day it wouldn't start, then it started fine. It ran for over a week perfect, then came up with engine fault. Put it to Peugeot who said the fuel is contaminated, we took the car back as this was going to cost us 600 to just clean the tank. A local garage cleaned out the lines, fuel tank, new fuel in and additive, turns out number 2 injector has failed. We have had the fuel independently tested and it has come back as being fine, nothing wrong with it. The peugeot garage only said it was bad by looking at it, never tested it and now we believe number 2 injector had just failed. Are they still as bad as before on the newer models? Now we have the argument that they won't pay for it because they diagnosed the fuel etc etc.. any help appreciated! Thanks

Registered
Hi,

I have a 2019 3008 with 15,000 on the clock. One day it wouldn't start, then it started fine. It ran for over a week perfect, then came up with engine fault. Put it to Peugeot who said the fuel is contaminated, we took the car back as this was going to cost us 600 to just clean the tank. A local garage cleaned out the lines, fuel tank, new fuel in and additive, turns out number 2 injector has failed. We have had the fuel independently tested and it has come back as being fine, nothing wrong with it. The peugeot garage only said it was bad by looking at it, never tested it and now we believe number 2 injector had just failed. Are they still as bad as before on the newer models? Now we have the argument that they won't pay for it because they diagnosed the fuel etc etc.. any help appreciated! Thanks

Should still be under warranty.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts