Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
hi,i have a 3008 2011.injector number 2 has just failed,to be fair the car has been solid,my friend owned it before and it was always looked after and serviced by peugeot etc etc,anyway i have the new injector 拢236 euro c parts,my question is this,does the new injector need programming ? breakdown mechanic said no but my friend who is also a mechanic said he thinks it does...i called main dealer peugeot and he wasnt sure,but i also asked him is number 1 injector on the left or right
he says he thinks its right to left 1-4.............hopefully i can get some clarification on here
TIA
which side is the fan belt? #1injector would be closest.

Registered
ok thanks for the link,once ive removed the injector and cleaned up, it might be the copper seal that is worn thats causing the issue......is there a guide for 3008 1.6 hdi on the easiest way to remove the injector ? ive found guides for 1.6 hdi engines but not 3008,,its a tight spot to get to and would be nice to know what i need to remove to make life easier.......also you mentioned the coding,can most garages do this ? or does it need to be peugeot specifically ?
TIA
Have a look at my post it, I鈥檝e shown a clip (not a Peugeot) on how you would need to remove the fuel return line.
Things to remove:
Brake reservoir from mount, but don鈥檛 disconnect hose (only move for access)
Air filter hose (from car mount point to box)
Air filter cover & filter
Disconnect the electrical plug from the air filter box
Remove the air filter box
Remove if fitted or still intact the sound proof foam.
Injector electrical connector
Fuel return line (remove for better access, unless #4 injector then #4 only)
Fuel fill line connector
Injector clamp
Then 馃馃徏馃馃徏 the injector should just slide out.

Parts I鈥檇 recommend in getting:
Copper washer
Injector guide
Fuel return 鈥檕鈥檙ing x4
On condition, check the fuel return line. If you think the line is broke or the clips are damaged get a new one.

Other bits to have,
Carburettor/egr cleaner spray
Universal diesel injector seat cutter, look for PSA.

Hope this helps & good luck 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎

Registered
Have a look at my post it, I鈥檝e shown a clip (not a Peugeot) on how you would need to remove the fuel return line.
Things to remove:
Brake reservoir from mount, but don鈥檛 disconnect hose (only move for access)
Air filter hose (from car mount point to box)
Air filter cover & filter
Disconnect the electrical plug from the air filter box
Remove the air filter box
Remove if fitted or still intact the sound proof foam.
Injector electrical connector
Fuel return line (remove for better access, unless #4 injector then #4 only)
Fuel fill line connector
Injector clamp
Then 馃馃徏馃馃徏 the injector should just slide out.

Parts I鈥檇 recommend in getting:
Copper washer
Injector guide
Fuel return 鈥檕鈥檙ing x4
On condition, check the fuel return line. If you think the line is broke or the clips are damaged get a new one.

Other bits to have,
Carburettor/egr cleaner spray
Universal diesel injector seat cutter, look for PSA.

Hope this helps & good luck 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎
thanks for the replies,the one thing that is hampering access is the wiring loom to the injectors
i need to get that out of the way to allow access,i did see posted somewhere that once the guy removed the airbox he noticed that the end of the loom,the outer sheathing had been worn away and the insulation on a few of the wires in the loom had also been stripped due to excessive movement of the airbox and was causing a short,maybe a previous job where it hadnt been fixed back correctly,anyway i checked mine and the outer sheathing is also worn away but the insulation on the wires is fine so thats eliminated but also worth checking for anyone else changing injectors.

can the whole loom that runs behind the 4 injectors be detatched and lifted up out of the way to allow easier access ? i cant see how its fixed in place and ive got zero chance of removing the injector with it in the way,cant find any pictures or guides etc,everything i find on 1.6hdi injectors is a different layout to my 3008 engine
TIA

Registered
thanks for the replies,the one thing that is hampering access is the wiring loom to the injectors
i need to get that out of the way to allow access,i did see posted somewhere that once the guy removed the airbox he noticed that the end of the loom,the outer sheathing had been worn away and the insulation on a few of the wires in the loom had also been stripped due to excessive movement of the airbox and was causing a short,maybe a previous job where it hadnt been fixed back correctly,anyway i checked mine and the outer sheathing is also worn away but the insulation on the wires is fine so thats eliminated but also worth checking for anyone else changing injectors.

can the whole loom that runs behind the 4 injectors be detatched and lifted up out of the way to allow easier access ? i cant see how its fixed in place and ive got zero chance of removing the injector with it in the way,cant find any pictures or guides etc,everything i find on 1.6hdi injectors is a different layout to my 3008 engine
TIA
Omg now I鈥檓 not sure lol I was told from belt side. who knows lol.

What one do you need to remove? If you are removing more than one label them up 馃憤馃徎
If I can I will upload a picture, it not a good one but might help.
when I removed the 2nd from left, I removed the other injector wires & masking tapped them to the rocker cover. Yes access is crap

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
Omg now I鈥檓 not sure lol I was told from belt side. who knows lol.

What one do you need to remove? If you are removing more than one label them up 馃憤馃徎
If I can I will upload a picture, it not a good one but might help.
when I removed the 2nd from left, I removed the other injector wires & masking tapped them to the rocker cover. Yes access is crap

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏
injector 2 came up from the diagnostic check so after speaking to peugeot they said 1-4 starting from the gearbox side,number 2 should be a breeze but this loom is hampering access,im sure it comes off in one hit,maybe three bolts securing it in place somehow,im hoping after a clean up and a new seal and washer that the injector might actually still be ok,i f not i put the new one in

Registered
injector 2 came up from the diagnostic check so after speaking to peugeot they said 1-4 starting from the gearbox side,number 2 should be a breeze but this loom is hampering access,im sure it comes off in one hit,maybe three bolts securing it in place somehow,im hoping after a clean up and a new seal and washer that the injector might actually still be ok,i f not i put the new one in
Just looked in my 308 Haynes manual, now it鈥檚 same size & bhp as my 3008.
It says #1 cylinder location is at the transmission end.
Looks like I did #3 lol
#2 injector Should be easier.

I taped (see the masking tape) the injector cable from #1 &#2 Out the way.
what I thought was 3 & 4 lol

Good Luck

Registered
Just looked in my 308 Haynes manual, now it鈥檚 same size & bhp as my 3008.
It says #1 cylinder location is at the transmission end.
Looks like I did #3 lol
#2 injector Should be easier. View attachment 90303

I taped (see the masking tape) the injector cable from #1 &#2 Out the way.
what I thought was 3 & 4 lol

Good Luck
cheers for the pic,the biggest issue is not being able to see past the rocker cover,cant get youre head in to look because the bulkhead prevents you from doing so,ive removed everything i can but still cant even see the injector fully,only the top,i was sure i saw a video somewhere and the guy said to remove 3 bolts and lift the whole loom out of the way,only problem is that i cant find the video to know where the 3 bolts are,i will get back out there and look some more and see if i can get it shifted

Registered
cheers for the pic,the biggest issue is not being able to see past the rocker cover,cant get youre head in to look because the bulkhead prevents you from doing so,ive removed everything i can but still cant even see the injector fully,only the top,i was sure i saw a video somewhere and the guy said to remove 3 bolts and lift the whole loom out of the way,only problem is that i cant find the video to know where the 3 bolts are,i will get back out there and look some more and see if i can get it shifted
Use a mirror or take a picture from your phone. It鈥檚 what I did.
I left the loom in place no need to remove it, once you undo the clamp the injector pulls out past the loom with no probs.
If have any questions just ask 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎
Good luck &馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
Use a mirror or take a picture from your phone. It鈥檚 what I did.
I left the loom in place no need to remove it, once you undo the clamp the injector pulls out past the loom with no probs.
If have any questions just ask 馃憤馃徎馃憤馃徎
Good luck &馃馃徏馃馃徏
good shout,at present i cant even see if theres a build of carbon around it,just got a tin of carb cleaner just incase,will try the pic and mirror
cheers

Registered
ok so ive managed to get the fuel line of off the top of injector one,the green clip with a little metal type circlip through it,first one come off no problem,just spent an hour trying to get the little metal clip off of the second one so i can pop it off,cant for the life of me get it off,ive had to walk away from it,,,arrrggghhh

Registered

Does it look like that?
Squeeze where the arrows are pointing & the top tab lift with other hand at the same time. It should come off easy?
Prob best to walk away & get a cuppa before you brake anything.

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
Can you see any carbon deposits?
the clip looks the exactly the same as youre pic.....im going to have to buy new ones,second one broke...i thought you have to pop the clip out but now youre saying you just squeeze at the bottom to release,oh well you learn something new every day :}.........ive got the hex bolt out and the injector is moving slightly,so hopefully no carbon build up keeping it in place........started raining and getting dark so i will hit it again in the morning.......thanks for your help btw,appreciate it

Registered
the clip looks the exactly the same as youre pic.....im going to have to buy new ones,second one broke...i thought you have to pop the clip out but now youre saying you just squeeze at the bottom to release,oh well you learn something new every day :}.........ive got the hex bolt out and the injector is moving slightly,so hopefully no carbon build up keeping it in place........started raining and getting dark so i will hit it again in the morning.......thanks for your help btw,appreciate it
No probs glad I could help. Watch the clip on my post.
For info the fuel return line only comes as a complete assembly.
Where the clamp fits get a spanner on it & move gently move the injector back & forth.
Peugeot part #
鈥橭鈥檙ing
P/N: P198193
Cost 拢3 ish

Fuel return pipe assy
P/N: P1574HX
Cost 拢25 ish

Injector protector
P/N: P1982G6
Cost 拢 2.77

Copper seal
P/N: P198194
Cost 拢2.94

Hope this info helps

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
No probs glad I could help. Watch the clip on my post.
For info the fuel return line only comes as a complete assembly.
Where the clamp fits get a spanner on it & move gently move the injector back & forth.
Peugeot part #
鈥橭鈥檙ing
P/N: P198193
Cost 拢3 ish

Fuel return pipe assy
P/N: P1574HX
Cost 拢25 ish

Injector protector
P/N: P1982G6
Cost 拢 2.77

Copper seal
P/N: P198194
Cost 拢2.94

Hope this info helps

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏
so you cant buy the green clips seperate ? number 4 is buried,i was hoping to just buy 2 new green clips

Registered
so you cant buy the green clips seperate ? number 4 is buried,i was hoping to just buy 2 new green clips
It鈥檚 really easy to take off. Need to take a few more bit off though.

Ok pipe I marked in yellow to be removed
Green are the bolts 3 to remove
Blue clamp slacken off so you can remove the yellow pipe with ease.
The fuel return line & #4 injector attachment is under it.
If you zoom in on the picture in the yellow area you can see a bit if green, that鈥檚 the end on the fuel return line. It鈥檚 a push & release.
Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
It鈥檚 really easy to take off. Need to take a few more bit off though. View attachment 90306
Ok pipe I marked in yellow to be removed
Green are the bolts 3 to remove
Blue clamp slacken off so you can remove the yellow pipe with ease.
The fuel return line & #4 injector attachment is under it.
If you zoom in on the picture in the yellow area you can see a bit if green, that鈥檚 the end on the fuel return line. It鈥檚 a push & release.
Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏
ok so i managed to get the injector out this morning with zero force,a few turns and it popped straight out,im thinking this has had it by the looks of it ?
IMG20200829105252.jpg

Registered
ok so i managed to get the injector out this morning with zero force,a few turns and it popped straight out,im thinking this has had it by the looks of it ?
View attachment 90307
Don鈥檛 touch the tip.
Do you still have any carburettor cleaner left? Stick in a pot & let it soak.
Is that the copper washer still on the injector?
gentle with a wire brush clean it up.
So no carbon 馃
Could be a faulty injector, not sure how you鈥檇 test the injector tho.
As you can see from picture my injector protector had melted & the copper seal was stuck in the injector port. I just gave it a good clean & clean the seat after I managed to remove the copper washer from the port

Give it a clean & make sure the injector seal is clean.

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏

Registered
Don鈥檛 touch the tip.
Do you still have any carburettor cleaner left? Stick in a pot & let it soak.
Is that the copper washer still on the injector?
gentle with a wire brush clean it up.
So no carbon 馃
Could be a faulty injector, not sure how you鈥檇 test the injector tho.
As you can see from picture my injector protector had melted & the copper seal was stuck in the injector port. I just gave it a good clean & clean the seat after I managed to remove the copper washer from the port View attachment 90308
Give it a clean & make sure the injector seal is clean.

Good luck & 馃馃徏馃馃徏
yep the copper seal is still attached and the protector looks fine and intact,i know not to touch the tip but am i still ok to submerse the tip in carb cleaner ?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts