Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst examining my engine bay I lifted the cover as shown on the following link New Page 1 Should there be something inside or do the two hoses simply just sit there, just looks a bit strange.

The car seems to go OK and fuel economy is OK.

2005 307 110 turbo diesel.

S

·
0 Posts
I would hazard a guess and say you are missing an air filter!

Could be wrong as i'm not well up on the facelift models, but looking at the pipes it looks to be that!

Maybe the previous owner had a non standard one on that they removed before selling?

If someone else confirms i'd get one sorted asap, theres a very dodgy looking leaf sat there just waiting to play havoc with your engine!

Rich

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is the same. Seems a bit strange but I'm sure it's normal :) I think the idea is to give a good supply of air but without forcing all kinds of crap (like leaves) into the filter, which is located at the back of the engine as normal.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
it does look like an air filter is missing. is there any suction or blowing when the engine is on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Agree it looks like something's missing but it is normal. From another source questioning the same thing:

"Fresh air gets scooped up by the intake and goes into a "box" which in many official documents is called an air filter. It has no filter inside, in fact it's not even an air tight box - only one wall (with in and out ducts) and a cover. My guess is that once inside, air must slow down and make a U-turn inside, and that removes debris and water. But when the car is not moving and no air is being forced through the intake, then a large protion of the air sucked from box actually comes from inside the engine bay."

·
Registered
52 Posts
Absolutely :). I've been on a steep learning curve with my 307 this past couple of months...turbo failure & replacement quickly followed cam chain failure & full engine replacement. All that work and I'm back to square one: no turbo pressure. Guess I'll keep reading & learning...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the replys and diagram, much appreciated. We do indeed live and learn.

The car runs perfectly as far as I am aware of and returns around 65mpg on runs at 70 ish mph. Its my first diesel and can honestly say I am very impressed.

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.