Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone on here kindly pointed out that i may well be missing a sensor on my coolant tank. on the front of the tank is an empty hole that looks as though it could have a type of plug in it, and i have found an empty wire connection near by. i have one hose going from the tank to the radiator and cant seem to see anything else :nono:

pointed out the wire connection and plugged hole :eek:

love this car but not having much luck with it so far

·
Registered
821 Posts
Wow, someone was really mean to that car. Am i seeing some cables that were cut between the wires? Looks like you might be infact missing the level sensor. Mind you, it depends on engine you got, is it petrol or diesel? As it seems from the service box that diesels have it and petrols do not.

Whats its got to do with anything? Beats me, your better off checking against your vin if you ever had the sensor or not.

Attachments

·
11,873 Posts
Looks like you might be infact missing the level sensor. Mind you, it depends on engine you got, is it petrol or diesel? As it seems from the service box that diesels have it and petrols do not.
That's a good point. Quite often Peugeot will use a generic part common to all vehicles then add extra bits depending on trim levels (central locking, rear electric windows, cruise control to name but three)

J

·
0 Posts
My 407 has that plug on the expansion tank, but doesn't have any level sensor on it (which is what I believe it is for, not temperature). Checked mine in planet and does say no level sensor fitted. Like Gibbo said, common part to all cars and not specific to your spec I imagine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, just checked on peugeot service box with my vin and theres not meant to be anything there :bow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts