Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I have a 2002 expert van ,just recently the battery light has started to flash and sometimes stays on when I,m driving , I,m taking a guess by sayin maybe the alternator is at fault , can somone advise me what my options are

been told rather than replace it just fit new brushes

if this is the case how easy a job is it and what would i need to do

if i ned to replace the alternator how easy a job is that

or am I way off lol:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
HI

I have a 2002 expert van ,just recently the battery light has started to flash and sometimes stays on when I,m driving , I,m taking a guess by sayin maybe the alternator is at fault , can somone advise me what my options are

been told rather than replace it just fit new brushes

if this is the case how easy a job is it and what would i need to do

if i ned to replace the alternator how easy a job is that

or am I way off lol:thumb:
Hi there,

test alternator function:
usually a clamp-amp meter would do the job, not many people have one.
Use a Voltmeter, DC setting, add the leads to Bat+ Bat-
should read aroun 12.2 - 12V
start the engine...turn on the lights, high beam , fan max and defrost
take a bat reading at idle (should be around 13.6 - 13.8)...have someone rev the engine in idle to 1800-2000rpm....hold there.....battery should read 13.8-14.4

Make a visual on the alternator connection. there is a small lead coming out. Many times those are the culprit....check for corrosion and if the connector is still 100% ok.

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

test alternator function:
usually a clamp-amp meter would do the job, not many people have one.
Use a Voltmeter, DC setting, add the leads to Bat+ Bat-
should read aroun 12.2 - 12V
start the engine...turn on the lights, high beam , fan max and defrost
take a bat reading at idle (should be around 13.6 - 13.8)...have someone rev the engine in idle to 1800-2000rpm....hold there.....battery should read 13.8-14.4

Make a visual on the alternator connection. there is a small lead coming out. Many times those are the culprit....check for corrosion and if the connector is still 100% ok.

Cheers
Mike

thankx Mike will give it a check when and if the rain stops

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also if it has the small type plug fitted sometimes they become loose and have a poor connection.
If you need an alternator call Swan Street Salvage in Wolves they Break Peugeot experts.

Think there number is 01902 351993 ask for MARTYN

Hope this helps Damian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also if it has the small type plug fitted sometimes they become loose and have a poor connection.
If you need an alternator call Swan Street Salvage in Wolves they Break Peugeot experts.

Think there number is 01902 351993 ask for MARTYN

Hope this helps Damian

HI

thanx for the reply , I havent had a chance to have a proper look , is the plug easy to find and easy to access ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts