Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alternator pulley is shiny and soft with no grip for the fanbelt and i wondered how hard it is to remove, the garage i use reckon you have to remove the air con unit? Also is it possible to change the pulley on my alternator, because it does work but the fan belt keep slipping off!!

Help please as i cannot afford the £260 the garage want for the job :eek:

My car by the way is a 407 SW 1.6HDI

Please help :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My alternator pulley is shiny and soft with no grip for the fanbelt and i wondered how hard it is to remove, the garage i use reckon you have to remove the air con unit? Also is it possible to change the pulley on my alternator, because it does work but the fan belt keep slipping off!!

Help please as i cannot afford the £260 the garage want for the job :eek:

My car by the way is a 407 SW 1.6HDI

Please help :thumb:
CHEERS for all the help.......:confused:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mate, its probably that no one has an answer for you as they never had this trouble....i personally would be looking at a second hand unit from a breakers or something. How hard can they be. Its an alternator. They normally held on with a couple 13mm bolts.....hope this helps a little. :cool:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
from what ive heard its pretty simple to remove the alternator...undo tension on belt. remove 3 bolts from alternator and off....the car has to be raised to do this though.

i know on some cars, like mine an engine mount has to be undone and the engine pushed backwards.

£260! find a new garage i got my alternator replaced for £30 labour.... i used
.: Starter Motor & Alternator Company - Car Parts :.

to buy a new alternator, just match the part numbers up to theirs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts