Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had power issues with my 206, and have taken it to the local garage. They have identified (as I thought it would be) that the alternator isn't giving out as much power as it should.

I haven't got enough time to get mine out/get it re-conditioned, so am going to do the job myself. Only problem is, the alternators seem to come in three different amperage ratings (60, 70 & 80) for my particular model. The garage and several motor factors have said the only way to tell is by ripping it out and having a look. This is even after I've given them the reg number.

Surely there must be a way of finding this out, so I don't have to take it out before I order one off the internet (I don't want to rip it out/replace twice as it is still running, albeit only with the lights and radio off!)

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Try and give all details of your car if you have them ,things like aircon and age make a difference the see if some of the guys can help you ,

p.s deleting your other post ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Try and give all details of your car if you have them ,things like aircon and age make a difference the see if some of the guys can help you ,

p.s deleting your other post ;)

haha fair enough, thought it might get the chop.

Sorry, it's an 05 plate 1.1s with AC

Any other details are here:

parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=26430

1 - 3 of 3 Posts