Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all

1st of all many thanks to any one that replay to my last thread ...there advice was bang on and very much appreciated.

i found the alternator clutch pulley wedged next to my rad .... so my question is if the pulley has come off on its own can a new one be put on ..... any advice or thoughts welcome .....

the pulley had come off and the belt was still on and running on the alternator pin where the pulley shud be

no2 is it a easy job

many thanks

lte077

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You will need to take the alternator off and you will need a special tool to hold the clutch pulley still while you tighten the centre bolt that clamps it onto the shaft. Tool you need will be something like THIS but you will need to check your pulley matches the tool.

Also, check that the shaft of the alternator is not damaged i.e. that the pulley fits snugly onto it when fitted without any wobbles.. if it fits loosely/wobbles at all, you will probably need a new alternator.

probably be easiest to take it to a reputable auto electrician to get it sorted.

·
Registered
14,941 Posts
Probably easier just swapping the whole alternator as the pulley is very tight and you wont get the remaining part off without the tool as already said.

It can be swapped without the tool if you know how but its not always easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts