Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a peugeot 307 2003 plate, Took the original headunit out today put the alpine one in, works fine for memory but. when i switch ignition off radio stays on 30 seconds then goes off, but when i open or close drivers door radio comes on? Any help would be great

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
It sounds like the power for the radio is coming from the BSI's general supply, not through the ignition key, which is why it cuts off when the BSI goes to sleep (and wakes up when a door is opened).

You could use the BSI circuit diagram to identify a more suitable source of supply, or just switch the radio off separately.

·
5,673 Posts
Connect the radio ign feed to glovebox light is the easy fix as this is switched on ign on/off and is nice and close to radio

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply lads. if i went through glove box idea i would have to disconnect power from iso plug too wouldnt i? and to find out what is permenant live on radio?

·
5,673 Posts
Alpine should highlight the ign lead often they are easy to break out of iso as the memory and ign feeds are the red and yellow with bullet connectors to allow you to swap them for different radio setups

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
You need a PERMANENT live feed for the radio memory peugeots radios dont need that as the radio has a system where it ALWAYS keeps its presets and BOTH live feeds are fed from the BSI so both go to sleep after 3 mins so are no good for memory use.

The BSI will turn off after 3 mins so radio will turn off as wired but it wont retain its presets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts