Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

A while ago i saw my rear brakes where very rusty so i changed disks and pads.

Now I see the new ones also is getting rusty :mad: and i can see on the disks the rear braks does not work at all.

I changed the brake fluid in the car nothing got better, I tested the brake servo it seems to be working, there is nothing wrong in the calipers it slide easy and i greased it just to be sure.

This fault apply to both sides of the rear brakes. The front brakes works perfect, The car is a 406, 2004, HDI 2,0

BTW I been thinking it could be the ABS/EBD hydraliks unit?

I would be very happy if someone could give any ides of whats wrong with the car. Im out of ides now.

/Thomas

·
6,299 Posts
Common fault on rear discs is tight or jammed pads and siezed caliper pistons.

You can often get caliper overhaul kits if you overhaul make sure seal grooves are cleaned of all corrosion

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply I will have another look at the calipers. But I'm not sure I will find anything wrong with the pistons, they where really easy too pusch in.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thanks for your reply I will have another look at the calipers. But I'm not sure I will find anything wrong with the pistons, they where really easy too pusch in.
Hi

I think perhaps windy also meant the pads themselves need checking I’ve fitted a few sets on the 406 you find they often need a bit of filling so the pistons can push them :thumb:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ok. That's interesting what do you mean with filler?

/Thomas
Sorry i meant usea file

When the calipers rust you can find the gap for the pads has reduced that means when the caliper pushes out the pads can lock on the caliper instead of pushing on the disc

You need to file the edges so the pad moves freely plus i used to put copper slip on the edges :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I see ? yes I will give it a go with the file and some copper grease and see if it gets better.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts