Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and hello All,

This is my first post on here. I have just ordered a 1.2 Allure auto, but the dealer didn't have that model in for me to test drive. So I test drove the diesel version and was very pleased with that but I had set my mind on petrol because the future of diesel is unsure i.e. tax etc. and choose the 1.2 petrol for the best economy. Could any 1.2 petrol owners let me know there opinions, experiences or comments.

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had an email from the dealer today telling me he had placed the order for an 1.2 Puretech Allure EAT6

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi and hello All,

This is my first post on here. I have just ordered a 1.2 Allure auto, but the dealer didn't have that model in for me to test drive. So I test drove the diesel version and was very pleased with that but I had set my mind on petrol because the future of diesel is unsure i.e. tax etc. and choose the 1.2 petrol for the best economy. Could any 1.2 petrol owners let me know there opinions, experiences or comments.

Thanks Tony

Hi Tony I drive the Allure 1.2 auto and all I can say is, it's a pleasure. I'm not looking for maximum speed if I was I wouldn't buy a SUV but I'm getting more than enough and when using kick down, the sensation of raw power is remarkable. I use the paddles to engine brake or to drive more economically and they perform perfectly to the extent on a journey of approx 12 miles the trip recorded 53.7 mpg., and overall I'm averaging 43.1 and the drive is remarkably quiet.

Good luck
Bobbyj
1.2 Allure auto Sunset Copper/black

·
Registered
544 Posts

Hi Tony I drive the Allure 1.2 auto and all I can say is, it's a pleasure. I'm not looking for maximum speed if I was I wouldn't buy a SUV but I'm getting more than enough and when using kick down, the sensation of raw power is remarkable. I use the paddles to engine brake or to drive more economically and they perform perfectly to the extent on a journey of approx 12 miles the trip recorded 53.7 mpg., and overall I'm averaging 43.1 and the drive is remarkably quiet.

Good luck
Bobbyj
1.2 Allure auto Sunset Copper/black

Hi Tony. My 1.2 Petrol Auto Allure is a-maze-ing! It's on a par with hubby's 1.6 diesel auto X-Trail and it sounds great. Believe me, like the others are saying, you won't regret it. My car's a little older than Bob's (3 weeks old today) and I'm averaging 48.1mpg with 55.9 on a run, I know that the more they are driven the better the fuel consumption so I'm a happy bunny.

Reactions: lboo

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The 1.2 won't be available in Australia apparently which is a shame.
I'll be after the diesel mainly because 95RON is considerably more exy in the bush.
Our 1.2 is one sweet nut!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think the issue is the unexpectedly high take up of the 1.2, possibly leaving Peugeot with warehouses full of other engine options which they now need to shift.
I think that unless you really need that bit of additional power, or a diesel for high mileage and/or towing, the 1.2 is a no brainer for many. Think Peugeot misjudged how popular it would be, just as they misjudged how popular the 3008 would be. They probably dropped the 1.2 auto from the line up because they have more than enough orders for the other engine options, and in doing so they can deliver quicker, and shift their excess stock of 1.6 petrol and diesel engines.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the issue is the unexpectedly high take up of the 1.2, possibly leaving Peugeot with warehouses full of other engine options which they now need to shift.
I think that unless you really need that bit of additional power, or a diesel for high mileage and/or towing, the 1.2 is a no brainer for many. Think Peugeot misjudged how popular it would be, just as they misjudged how popular the 3008 would be. They probably dropped the 1.2 auto from the line up because they have more than enough orders for the other engine options, and in doing so they can deliver quicker, and shift their excess stock of 1.6 petrol and diesel engines.
Lee absolutely on the button Peugeot have misjudged the popularity of the 1.2 auto leaving them with excesses of other engine options. Wouldn't be surprised when they reintroduce it there will be a price increase!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I could not reconcile the £2000 price difference between the 1.2 auto and the 1.6 petrol auto, and felt the overall power gain was simply not worth it for me. The 1.2 auto was a bargain, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it reintroduced later with a much smaller difference between the two prices. Peugeot would probably have done better if they had done that now, and kept the 1.2 option open for customers to make a choice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I could not reconcile the £2000 price difference between the 1.2 auto and the 1.6 petrol auto, and felt the overall power gain was simply not worth it for me. The 1.2 auto was a bargain, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it reintroduced later with a much smaller difference between the two prices. Peugeot would probably have done better if they had done that now, and kept the 1.2 option open for customers to make a choice.
Yeah considering the 1.6 is available in many higher output guises in different cars, it would have been better if they had offered it nearer the 200bhp level with the halo 300bhp GTI releasing later. I guess they worried about cannibalising the diesel sales by having too high a power output from a petrol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to all who commented. But I was concerned about the availability of the 1.2 auto so I contacted my dealer who confirmed in an email that my order for a 1.2 Puretech Allure EAT6 had been accepted by Peugeot. Oh happy day's

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would be very surprised if this is the case. That is an extremely old school way of a production line that cost tons of money. I am not expecting a modern Ford Model T this summer ?

Modern production lines have (for several years) had a lean approach where they produce the products they need when they need it. Having warehouses full of diesel engines nobody wants and petrol engines nobody can afford is beyond stupid.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would be very surprised if this is the case. That is an extremely old school way of a production line that cost tons of money. I am not expecting a modern Ford Model T this summer ?

Modern production lines have (for several years) had a lean approach where they produce the products they need when they need it. Having warehouses full of diesel engines nobody wants and petrol engines nobody can afford is beyond stupid.
Hi Agmuns
Perfectly reasoned argument but in my opinion Peugeot will have adopted their business model and contracted with suppliers agreed volumes of the various engine options. The suppliers will want Peugeot to take delivery and in turn Peugeot will need sell them. Peugeot have already exhausted their supply of the 1.2 Auto and now need to honour the contract requiring them to take the other engine options. Simple I know but I can't see any any other reason to suspend the sale of the extremely popular 1.2 Auto.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.