Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New to this forum but a regular member of other forums - good news as it means my car has been good.....

A couple of weeks ago all four alloy wheels on our 2008 stated to show areas of discoloration. I have attached an image. When touched it feels like something has reacted under the lacquer and has slightly roughened the smooth alloy surface. The vehicle has only ever been maintained by us or the dealer.

I intend to drop by the dealer this week and discuss. Any ideas what this may be, faulty batch of wheels ?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same on a 2013 2008 Active. The alloys had to be refurbished in the end due to a combination of this and kerb strikes.

The refurb company said there is a lacquer on the alloy wheel surface which if damaged can cause the result in your photo. A dog cocked it's leg on one of my alloys and it had the same effect!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Result:

Dropped by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. They photographed the alloys and referred to Peugeot.

Dealer called yesterday to advise new alloy wheels authorized by Peugeot. Could we book in their fitting....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts