Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got some coupe 18" rims off a fellow member on 407 owners and decided to try a refurb on them.I figure i would have to get them proffesinaly redone anyway so for a few euro i said i would have a go first.

bits used
.sand paper 240 and 1200 grit paper
.some high build primer (1 can)
. 2 cans of simoniz silver rattle can paint.
. 1 can of clear laquer
. some filler

wheel b4 i got working on it
THEN USED SOME HIGH BUILD PRIMER TO HELP COVER ANY IMPERFECTIONS IN THE WHEEL,i left this to dry over night and then sanded with 1200 grit sandpaper till it was silky smooth to the touch
I then started the fun part the painting
and finished with a clear coat.

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Great results there!!:nod: You should be very happy with the finish:nod:

Was considering getting mine powder coated before winter sets in!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to get them prof redone but decided coz i have a few days off work that i would try it myself:) .Was not expecting them to turn out so good but for now they look good,i just wonder how long they will last before i have to touch them up:confused:. I will wait a couple of days and then i will compond the lacquer and polish them:thumb:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as we are heading towards summer now,i am planning on putting on these wheels with new tyres.I took them out of the shed and resanded them with 2000 grade sand paper and gave them a few more coats of lacquer and now they will be ready to go once i get new tyres:thumb:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts