Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new to the forum and have been trying to do up my peugeot 307, it isnt the best colour to try to modify but i bought it thinking it had potential to be a good car. It is blaze yellow (gold) and i have already had a few ideas to modify it and i have a subwoofer, have painted the interior plastic trims and will add some small cheap LEDs inside the car. i already know that i will add some alloys and tint the back windows but i was just wondering if anyone knows some cheap good modifications to make the car a little more personal and better.

Thanks! Jonny.

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
I like subtile myself. Alloys, lowering kit (not too much), tinted windows and a spoiler.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you mentioned leds...do you mean change the speedo colour? got the guides on here on how to do it etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much would a lowering kit and spoiler be? my mates dad is lowering his mates car and said he could do mine if i got the kit, and also how much are spoilders? the trouble with my car is i cant find anything second hand because noone does up gold peugeots!

I might change the speedo color if thats an easy task, ive got LEDs insted of the lights that come on when you open the doors, im not sure what theyr called but i changed them to blue LEDs, i also have a small LED kit that im going to apply to the footwells in my car, i will have a look at the speedo color change tho!

And what are SMD lights? and how much? :p

Thanks! Jonny

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
its easy to change your speedo colour, if your handy with a soldering iron.

the Lights you changed to LED's are called Courtesy Lights or Festoon Lights.

SMD LEDs are tiny little leds that you need to change the colour of your speedo :thumb:

i have installed footwell led strips in both my 307 (when i had it) and my focus...very easy to do.:thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Apex 45mm Lowering springs for my 307 cost me £130 inc delivery, fitting was £90. Spoiler for my 307 was around £110 including painting & fitting from this company on eBay...

Peugeot 307 Spoiler | eBay UK

Got myself a nice set of brand new 18" Toora T240 alloys for my 307 courtasy of eBay for £64, they didn't have centre caps though so had to get some OZ ones for the time being as I cannot find Toora ones anywhere at the moment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the ideas! John, could you link some items on ebay for things id need to do the speedo lights change and some LEDs that you think would be good to use for under the footwell, and is it easy to do the speedo lights even if you dont know what a soldering iron is? :p

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Id be interested in changing the color in the speedo and the main computer aswell so if you could link the guides appropriate and link items i need for them i would really appreciate it :)

Thank you!

J

·
0 Posts
Careful with the speedo. I killed a few of my LEDs. (not the actual LEDs, they work, but where they go, I think I fried some components)

Makes me sad at night :(

I'd love to know how you did the interior plastic. In full detail if you please mate :D

Try chrome strips for the grille. I got some chrome ones for the vents too.. gonna see what they look like :D

J

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the ideas! John, could you link some items on ebay for things id need to do the speedo lights change and some LEDs that you think would be good to use for under the footwell, and is it easy to do the speedo lights even if you dont know what a soldering iron is? :p

Thanks!
Sack John, I'll help you here ;)

If you have paypal this place accepts it. It's where we all got ours from :lol:

Clock lights (different to fuel flash light but works still, I've done it)

CrazyLed's :: SMD LEDs :: PLCC-2 3528

Footwell Lights: (wire them into ashtray light, Johns idea)

CrazyLed's :: LED STRIP LIGHTING :: Footwell lighting LED strips

MFD & Climate Control Lights:

CrazyLed's :: CAR/BIKE 12v READY LED :: 509T Twistlock LED

and if you want to do headlight adjuster LED get one of these:

CrazyLed's :: 5mm LEDs

I was gonna do window switches but after I screwed up the dash I wanted to die...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Careful with the speedo. I killed a few of my LEDs. (not the actual LEDs, they work, but where they go, I think I fried some components)

Makes me sad at night :(
do you still want me to take a look at this and attempt a recovery of your circuits :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahh Thanks jazz, il send you what i did for the interior plastic in a second, do you know numbers of each lot of LEDs il need? i want to do the main computer, speedos, and the buttons at the bottom aswell, however i dont have the screen as i have the model without air conditioning!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts