Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the dreaded depolution warning rang out like a death knoll early this week! Had new EGR fitted Saturday, lasted til Sunday afternoon before spewing forth the warning! Fitted new MAP sensor but warning light still showing and beeping.
So the "Enterprise" is off back to the garage tomorrow! :( not happy
Another week with a courtesy car which they assure me wont be the Daewoo Matiz...still all being done under warranty so better to have it all done now than later!
Can't believe there is much wrong because she drives so nice...but what else could there be causing the depolution error?

·
Registered
429 Posts
There is nothing like a good Warranty!!!Let them sort it out , that's what they get paid for!!At least my loaner was a Brand new 308 diesel , with sat nav!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were the fault codes??
Can't recall what they were on Saturday. One was "egr solenoid ceased" and one was a map sensor error. Both egr and map sensor are now brand new.
I'll make a note of the codes tomorrow and post them back here....maybe you can shed some light on it.
Think this time they might just ship her off to the local Peugeot dealership and let them figure it out, to be fair I think they are pretty much stumped at this point. they phoned Peugeot and gt talked through all the bits to clean etc the previous time they had her in, so that was throttle body etc cleaned.
The cars has now had new coil pack, egr and map sensor.
Drives very well, but has a flat spot/ pull back at beginning of pulling away and pulls back a little when cruising; also very lumpy idle.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just got back from garage. Snap on tools diagnostic showed following codes
P0300 cylinder not recognised?
P0402 egr fault?
P0108 map sensor electrical issue?

We cleared them and had a quick test run..no diagnostic warning but new code listed as
P0170 fuel injector issue?

Can't recall exact terms I just noted down the codes.
They are calling Peugeot to get some ideas of where to go next and it's just a case of wait and see!

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Well just got back from garage. Snap on tools diagnostic showed following codes
P0300 cylinder not recognised?
P0402 egr fault?
P0108 map sensor electrical issue?

We cleared them and had a quick test run..no diagnostic warning but new code listed as
P0170 fuel injector issue?

Can't recall exact terms I just noted down the codes.
They are calling Peugeot to get some ideas of where to go next and it's just a case of wait and see!
P0300 Generic Random Misfire Detected

P0402 Generic Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Excessive Detected

P0108 Generic Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor High Input

P0170 Generic Fuel Trim (Bank 1)

Because its not read with PP2000 and these are Generic codes by Snap-on, maybe ask Davidireland his views!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for that! It all seems linked together don't it?
We will have to see what they say later in the week!
It's a shame because I'm really growing to love the car...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah I think it will. Just bloody annoying! This is week four of owning her and for two and a half of them she's been back at the garage!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hang in there bud, and enterprise will be gliding again in no time. :D
I went to my local garage, printed all the error details i got here on forums, gave them the keys and told them ill pick it up once they have them all sorted :D

Now why do i have a feeling this is gonna come back and bite me on my arse when i pick up the tab. :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hang in there bud, and enterprise will be gliding again in no time. :D
I went to my local garage, printed all the error details i got here on forums, gave them the keys and told them ill pick it up once they have them all sorted :D

Now why do i have a feeling this is gonna come back and bite me on my arse when i pick up the tab. :p
Lol! Well mine is under warranty so it shouldn't be costing me anything!
Hopefully get some good news on Thursday when I call for progress!

J

·
0 Posts
All the more reason why its sooooo important to get some warranty when buying a s/hand car :thumb:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All the more reason why its sooooo important to get some warranty when buying a s/hand car :thumb:
i think all 2nd hand car dealerships offer a 3 month warranty these days..wasnt there a law came in about that?
anyway these guys stated quite plainly that the car was covered for 3 months on everything appart from standard maintenance stuff..ie tyres and brake shoes etc...but certainly the engine was covered...and this is all engine based....so yep..warranty covered!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got 12 months warranty with my used 308 & I needed it . Warranty claimed on, 36 hours after I took delivery. I had the car 36 hours , dealer had it back for 5 days......However just at this moment in time ...its bloody perfect!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts