Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am incredibly alarmed at the messages I have read on this forum!!!!!!
I have been toying with the idea of changing my car to something more economical. I currently drive and love my late 2004 Audi A4 2.0 with all the bells and whistles and was thinking of changing to a Pug 308 1.6 XS or XT. My reasoning behind this is to drive a car that is more economical on fuel but still have the bells and whistles I am used to as well as comfort. I tend to do more town/city driving and considering the price of petrol in South Africa (R10.40 per litre & the exchange rate is 1 pound sterling is equal to 15 South African Rand) I find the Audi quite thirsty (70litre tank gets approx. 580km with town driving).

So, I thought, what about a Pug? Well after reading what I have in this forum..... I am now thinking...... What a rubbish car this is!!!! There are so many problems that so many people are having and a lot of you seem to be having the same or similar problems that nobody seems to be able to fix!!

Is this the general feeling about Peugeot's?? How reliable are they? Am I making the biggest mistake of my life by buying one?? It sounds like I run the risk of breaking down or loosing power on a regular basis (and trust me, living in South Africa, this is a very scary thought) or I regularly won't be able to start the car.

Come on guys..... what do you honestly think???:confused: :(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts